Part 11

⚠️mentions of su*c*de⚠️
Everyone was finally asleep except for me.
I guess I should probably call Mikan like I told her I would. She seemed pretty serious when she told me to call her.
I made her a contact in my phone before calling her.
Ring...
Ring...
"H-hello?"
I smirk,
"Heyo, it's the tax guy. You forgot to pay your taxes, now you're going to jail in Germany."
"I d-did?! I'm so sorry!"
"Chill out Mikan, Nishishi~ I was lying, it's just me Kokichi."
"O-oh, I didn't expect you to actually call me."
"Wha- you think I would break a promise?! How mean."
"Oh c-come on Kokichi. Now that you called me I need to ask y-you something."
"Hm? Yeah what's up?"
"Did y-you... did you really fall off that roof? Or did you... j-jump.?"
...
"K-Kokichi?"
...
"H-hey, you d-don't have to tell me. I j-just over heard what you said to Kaito the other day."
...
"I-I'm sorry if that's wrong!"
"It's ok Mikan. And yeah, I jumped off that roof."
"No lies?"
"No lies."
"O-oh."
"..."
"Well l-let's change the subject, I d-don't want to make you uncomfortable."
"Ok, well what else is up?"
"How's your first day back at home?"
"Eh, boring. Nothing fun around here."
"W-wasn't your family happy to see you?"
"Oh they were! But everything calmed down and went back to normal!"
My instinct made me lie.
"O-oh I see! Well I, glad you went back home safe, I have to go though, m-my girlfriend is about to pick me up."
"Oooooo you have a girlfriend and didn't tell me~? I thought we were best friends!"
"S-Sorry!"
"Don't worry Mikan, I'm just joking, so who's the lucky female?"
"Her name I-is Ibuki Mioda."
"Mioda? Like miss. Mioda?"
"D-do you know her?"
"Yeah she's a teacher at our school."
"O-oh yeah!"
"Nishishi~ well tell miss. Mioda I said hi! I'll let you go now,"
"A-Alright! I'll text you t-tomorrow. C-call me if anything happens."
"Will do! Bye-bye!"
"B-bye!"
I hung up the phone smiling. Mikan really is a good person.
I look at the time again. About 30 minutes have passed, I laid on my bed, scrolling through my phone.
~~~~~~~~~~~
It was the next day, I'm finally back at school with my friends... and enemy's.
I was walking into the school, trying to find Rantaro.
I need to go talk to my teachers, so I was gonna get a Rantaro so I'm not alone.
I went toward the hallway we usually hang out before school actually starts, but when I looked across the room, I saw him with the weird folklore guy.
'I shouldn't bother them.'
I started to back up, when I ran into someone.
"Sorr-"
I looked up at the guy,
"-y? Kaito!"
"Oh hey Kokichi-"
I grabbed him, "You're coming with me."
"Wha- why-"
As i started walking I explained to him that I have to go to all my teachers to get late work, and that I didn't want to be alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~
During school, I've just been near Kaito, avoiding Shuichi at all costs.
It's now after school, and I waved goodbye to Kaito, and grabbed Rantaro.
"Avocado~Nisan~"
"Oh hey Kokichi, ready to go home?"
"Yep!"
We usually walk with each other since we live kinda close.
"Hey, mind if I bring Kiyo with us today?"
"Kiyo?"
"Korekiyo."
I stayed silent.
Sigh, "weird folklore guy."
"OHHHH, yeah he can come!"
Suddenly Korekiyo came over, "ah, I see you gave me a rather intriguing nickname."
"Yep!" I smiled at him.
"Let's get going so we can actually get home guys," Rantaro grabbed our arms, and started dragging us to our houses.

Sorry for waiting awhile to update, and having a short chapter. I promise I'll be doing big ones again, school just started and it has been stressful, but I will find time to update, thank you and sorry ❤️