Part 7

"Listen Kaito. We're over."
Maki stared at me blankly.
"I'm sorry, I just don't feel attracted to you anymore, and I found, I like another girl."
She looked away, blushing slightly. I smile a little,
"Nah that's fine! We still cool as friends tho?"
"Yes." She seemed to be taken back from my response.
"Alright then! We'll talk later, gotta get home now,"
I got up, and we said our goodbyes. We were at a cafe down the street from my apartment, so it was a easy walk back. Once I got back to my apartment room, I sat on my bed to let my emotions out.
Shuichi started living in his apartment room again finally, but now I'm all alone.
Ring ring.
My phone starts ringing, I see it's Shuichi and answer,
"Hey bro-"
"We aren't friends anymore."
"Wh-What?"
"Sorry Momota, But you're too bad of a person for me."
"Where is all this coming from?"
"I've been holding this for awhile. But I've finally gained my confidence to say this. "Goodbye Momota."
"Shuichi wait—"
He ended the call... my best friend just left me and my girlfriend just dumped me. Tears flooded out of my eyes.
"WHAT THE FUCK!" I started yelling...
I know how will help me...
My parents...
__________________
(Character POV change)
Ding dong
"Mondo can you see who is at the door at this hour." Taka asked me.
"Yeah sure, probably just those dumb kids though,"
I get up and open the door.
"Hey kids scram-"
But instead of those kids, there stood my son. Kaito Momota.
"K-Kaito? What are you doing here? Are you crying? Hey come in what's wrong?"
"I-I'm a horrible person! I just lost my girlfriend and best friend and— and—"
Mondo gave Kaito a hug. He hated to see him upset.
"Hey now, let's talk this out, let's go to the living room, I'll get your other dad."
Kaito nodded, and walked into the living room as I went to the kitchen.
"So who was at the door?"
"Kaito was there?"
"Kaito? Is he ok why is he here!"
"I'm not entirely sure, but he's calling himself a bad person, and crying."
"Mondo, watch my spaghetti!"
Taka shouted and ran over to Kaito, giving him a hug.
"You're not a bad person. You're amazing and my son!"
"Wha- Dad, no I did horrible things,"
"Like what?"
"I bullied people, hurt people, told a kid to die— actually that was Shuichi but I was still right there and they actually tried and now their in the hospital—!"
Taka paused and Mondo came up,
"You shouldn't be blaming yourself for the person trying to... end themselves... you did say you were just their but you have A LOT of explaining to do about the bullying and hurting people!"
"I'm not even sure when it started even happening, b-but I just started hurting kids for no reason or actually, for dumb reasons... Like, the other day, I helped hurt some girls because one of my friends said she called her a 'whore'... and the worst part is Rantaro— one of my other friends— got the blame for it and a two week suspension,"
Taka shook his head,
"I do not understand what is up with you kids and cursing. I don't think you should've hurt those kids though, Kaito, it makes me disappointed that you would do that stuff,"
"I'm sorry dad... but do you see what I mean? I'm a horrible person."
Mondo and Taka hug him,
"You aren't horrible stop saying that! The stuff you did was bad sure, but you aren't truly like that!" Mondo said.
"Hey Taka, Mondo, what time is it?" Chihiro walked down the stairs rubbing his eye. "Huh what's going on? Oh Kaito you're here? Why are you crying." Chihiro walked to him.
"I just— I am—"
Chihiro cut him off by hugging him.
"You aren't a horrible person! Everyone makes mistakes, trust me, okay?"
Kaito nodded, hugging Chihiro back. Taka ran back to the spaghetti, making sure it didn't accidentally burn. Mondo looked at Kaito,
"Tomorrow you're apologizing to that kid. But, right now, you're going to eat dinner with us. As a family."

702 words, thank you for reading I hope you're enjoying the series