TWENTY ONE

Belle's POV

Our date night, ended us in the bathtub.

While allowing my body to sink further back into the enticing warmth of the slightly scented bath water, I enjoyed coming into contact with a rock hard surface and silently delighted in the sensation of tantalising kisses being littered along my bare shoulder blades. Strong, familiar arms momentarily wrapped around my body, rendering me well and truly incapable of focusing on anything other than Arden's warm hands as they slowly traced every inch of my wet, naked body.

"You're spoiling me with all these surprises."

His voice, gentle like a delicate whisper, soothingly caressed the exposed skin on my neck, allowing the firm bite he inflicted afterwards to expose me in the most vulnerable way imaginable.

"Now I'll be expecting surprises like this every night," I admitted. While Arden is busy blowing air on my breast.

My nipples reacted instantly and while standing to an immediate attention, Arden began his planned assault by gently rolling them between his thumb and forefinger, elongating my unbearable pleasure.

"Arden!" I moaned, erotically conveying my unspoken desires.

"You're so responsive."

"And you're such a tease!" I scorned, when his actions received no further advances.

He laughed at my childish reply and proceeded to place damp kisses along my hairline, amused by my lack of warming to his torturous ways.

"I told my mom about us today," I revealed, dramatically changing the subject while resting my head against his chest. "I think she's happier than we are."

"Not possible," he smirked, caressing my hair in soothing motions.

"She seemed to know all about your feelings for me," I added, focusing my attention on his comforting touch.

"That may have been down to my Mother. I told her I liked you."

His revelation was as shocking as it was pleasant. Even though I'm already aware, it still comes as a shock to me.

"You did?" I asked, surprised.

"Hmm, I remember it being one of the serious things I spoke to her about," he informed, succumbing to his own relaxed state.

"Really? No wonder they banned sleepovers when we reached puberty," I scoffed, slotting the missing puzzle pieces together.

I turned to rest on my front and in doing so; laid my entire length along Arden's, loving the feel of his naked skin pressed into mine. His usually pale complexion hummed with a layer of red due to the bath's hot temperature and his slight dusting of chest hair skimmed the water's surface, enticing me with its sheer sexiness.

"How did you do it, Arden? How did you stay quiet all these years? Did it not messed with your head?" I asked, trying to make sense of his feelings.

"It did. At first, it was fine because you hadn't discovered boys," he admitted; my late development always coming back to bite me on the ass. "But then you started seeing Brad-fucking-Henderson and I wasn't happy."

"Even though you had your side chic?" I asked, eyebrows raised. A bit jealous too, that time he bedded that blondie on INKwell.

"Yes. I went with that blondie just to make you jealous, I never really slept with her. I thought that time you don't see me as a man you can fall in love with. I was devastated."

"But it didn't work?"

"No, it didn't. You remember how I punched Brad that time I found out he dated you out of a bet, not just because of what he did to you but I also did it because he took the one thing I wanted. I wanted to be your first at everything and even though I knew I couldn't be, it still made me crazy to think he got there before me."