THIRTY NINE: BABY SHOWER

Arden's POV

I got too excited about Belle's baby news.
I was seriously thinking about telling everyone. Had I lost it? Should I just hired an organizer Or a planner? I was waiting for Caleb to arrived at the office. I told Jaden to let Caleb straight in to my office.

"Hey, Arden. What's so urgent that you can't even tell me over the phone?" He ask as soon as he opened my office door.

"Caleb, I have good news. I'm going to be a father soon."I told my brother-in-law.

"Belle's pregnant?" Caleb said stunned.

"Yes, Belle's pregnant." I confirmed proudly.

"You lie!" Caleb couldn't believe it.

"It's true. Our baby is a month old!"I handed him the medical examination report and the ultrasound photo of our little one. Caleb froze when he saw the ultrasound.

At this moment, Caleb looks like his world was turned upside down.

"Caleb?"

"Uhh, sorry." Caleb was startled out of his reverie. "I can't believe it. I'm going to be an uncle?" He then smiles at me. "My baby sister is going to have a baby?" He gives me a hug. "Congratulations."

"Thank you." I utter in response. "But, that's not the only reason I asked you here."

"Okay. What do you need?"Caleb enquired.

"I'm thinking of throwing some sort of baby party for Belle."

"Your barking up the wrong tree man, I know nothing of that sort. Let me call Lizzie." Caleb took his phone out.

"NO!"I shouted in panicked. "Sorry, this is supposed to be a surprised."

"Okay, take a chill pill." He shakes his head in amusement. "What can I do."

"Here's what you can help me with," I give him the list. Caleb stares at the list I give him.

"This is a long list, Ar."

"You just have to pick them up."

"Okay. I'll be back soon then."

Maybe if no one knew about it...it would be okay. Caleb wouldn't tell a soul—I trusted him with my life. I nibbled my nails, anxious about this whole situation.

I'm almost done with my office decoration. I just need to add a little more balloons. Then I ask Jaden to  make the call with our parents to have them here.

"Ar—" I heard Belle's surprise voice. I was afraid that this would happen, Belle barging in my office. I slowly turn around. Belle's teary eyed and Jaden following behind him. Obviously failed to stop Belle from entering my office.

I scratch my nape. And shrug my shoulder. "Surprised?" I muttered unsure, if its indeed still a surprise.

She suddenly burst into tears. Oh no!

"Muffin, no. Hey, Come on. Don't cry. That's not good for our baby." I seated her in the sofa.

"I'm happy." She answers. While I wipe her tears away.

"That's what the surprise is for." I kissed her. "I love you." I added and looked at her lovingly. "I invited everyone. They are probably on their way."

"I love you too, Ar."

***

Arden's POV

"Depends," Belle muttered.

Lizzie arched an eyebrow. "On?" Lizzie persistently asking on who do we want the baby to looked like.