TWENTY NINE

Belle's POV

There's nothing better than waking up in the morning close to someone's warmth.

My eyes are slightly opening due to the movement beside me.

Familiar brown hair with a streak of caramel.

As I rub both of my eyes, I try to focus into the familiar face in front of me.

He pulls me closer towards him by the waist as he opens both his eyes, a pair of blue orbs staring back at me.

"Good Morning." He said in his low voice.
"What are you doing here so early?" He asks, sitting up. I am already laughing out loud with both of my hands clutching my stomach before sitting beside him, poking the bridge of his nose because he seems to not remember anything from last night.

My lips curve up into a smile. "Ar, don't you remember what we did, last night?" I pout, leaning closer.

His eyes narrowing at me, a bit confused. "What did we do?"

"You're hurting my feelings, Ar." As I lift my shirt up to reveal the light bruise on my stomach near my waist which causes his eyes to widen in surprise. He continues to stare at my bruise as he run his finger lightly on it. "It could have gotten a bit more passionate and sensual but you feel asleep on me. Imagine that?" I stared at his confused face, and I go on mumbling. "... Arden Langley sleeping... on a woman, and to think that woman is me."I point to myself.

"I don't remember a thing from last night, except for the car ride home." He says a tad louder than a whisper. "Did I bump my head, am I suffering from any memory loss?" He run his fingers through his hair, looking completely clueless. "I really don't remember anything." His voice low, looking into my eyes.

The look on his face shows the amount of regret for not remembering a thing from last night. Which causes me to lean back and laugh, without having the strength to hold back any longer. Arden stares at me in confusion, not understanding the sudden meaning of my laughter. And he lift my shirt up again, showing him my bruise which I got from bumping into his kitchen counter last night.

"I'm so sorry At. I'm just messing with you." I said in between laugh. "Arden, you had a headache last night, you fell asleep in the car and I carried you back here, Greg and I actually. And you fell asleep in the couch, then you were such a baby you didn't let me leave, so I stayed the night." I explained

"What about the bruise?" He ask

"Uh, I bump into your kitchen counter last night."

He breathes out.

Just as I'm about to say something the doorbell ring causes both of us to react. We turn to look one another before quickly running towards the front door—eyeing the camera, our eyes widen at the sight of our mother's, standing patiently as they both wait for the door to open which freaks us out slowly moving away from the door.

"What are we going to do?" I panically ask in a whisper.

Arden glances at his wristwatch before muttering curses under his breath. "Damn! I'm late for work and I have a meeting set in half an hour." He runs towards the living room to pick up his phone ten missed calls from Jaden and five messages.

"Today I'm taking a leave of absence, by the way." I happily say, making him roll his eye in my direction. Thinking of a proper excuse or probably a better idea to get out of this mess with both of our mothers outside his penthouse, repeatedly pressing the doorbell.