Chapter #12: Treat

⚜Tristan⚜

I was observing her face while she was eating her sandwich wildly when she was interrupted by a message notification. The moment she looked at her phone's screen her face colors started to change.

Then Hazel started fiddling with her fingers. She abruptly stood from the kitchen stool and ran towards her room and slammed the door behind. I couldn't understand this behavior.

I walked to her room. I had no idea what to say but then finally words came out of my mouth "is everything alright hazel?"
She didn't replied so I knocked at the door "Leave me alone" she said in a voice which looked hurt.
I decided not to interfere any more and turned towards my room.

I put my phone on charge and took off my shirt leaving it on the back of the rocking chair. I laid my back on the mattress trying to comfort myself.

'Maybe she was rejected where she applied for job. ' I assumed the causes of her reaction.
'Or his boyfriend would have breakup with her.' I was in my thinking process when a thought clicked my mind.

'When she came from outside today she looked very lazy and knackered. She was reluctantly making herself a sandwich. She was even replying me in small words. I know she is not a chatter box but she replies me nicely. Today she was quit short.'

I was analyzing things from the moment she stepped in the house. Shutting my mind I turned on my right arm and closed my eyes.
I wasn't able to keep for approximately half an hour so I stood up irritatingly and saw my mobile.
It showed 78% .
I walked to the balcony hoping her to be there by was disappointed as I saw no one there.

....

The next day I woke up at 11:35 am. I stared at the clock for a minute to realize that o woke up before 12 which had become rare nowadays.

I stretched my self and stood up. I walked out in search of Hazel. Silence spread across the lounge. I reached her door and was about to knock when my inner voice said 'stop poking your nose in her matters. '

I changed my direction towards the kitchen and saw that the sandwich plate was nowhere to be seen and everything was in its shape and perfectly organized.

Mobile ringing
I went towards my room to pick up the call.
"Hey Tristan come to the club right now." Jordan spoke

"Why? What happened?"
"Boy, are you fulfilling the conditions of Sandra? We need to get our work done as soon as possible."

"Listen. Give me fifteen minutes to reach the place then we'll talk about this freaking issue." I said disconnecting the call.

...

"Hey where's Jordan?" I asked Mike and other members sitting in the room.
"Meeting room" Mike said turn in his neck. I rushed towards the meeting room.

Jordan was going through some files. As soon as I sat beside him he acknowledged my presence by a smile.
He used to do this when there was something serious to talk about otherwise he used to pat my shoulder she we met usually.

"Why did you called me in such a hurry?"
He put the file aside and folded his hands "our deal with Mr Grey is in your hands."

I understood what he meant "So Sandra called you right?"

"She's waiting for your answer."

"Dammit" I said angrily.

"So you would have told me, Tris" Jordan whined.

"I was so confused."

"So what did you thought then?"

"I'm not out of senses, yet" I said in a high pitch.