Chapter#14: Acting Wierd

⚜Tristan⚜

I woke up by one in the noon. After taking shower I walked towards the lounge. The day was bright and shine. I was feeling hungry so I went to the kitchen.
As I moved towards the refrigerator for the water bottle I saw a note on it.
'Pancakes are ready. Have a nice day!'

It made me smile. I walked towards the counter forgetting about the water bottle. A plate was stacked with rich pancakes. The sight was mouthwatering. I was having such pancakes after a very long time.
I poured chocolate on the pancakes. They were delicious and the chocolate enhanced their taste. I finished the plate in few minutes and then went to the club.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Isabella⚜

I was very tired. My limbs pained and my head ached due to the direct exposure of sunlight. I was creeping like a snail when I bumped into a girl while walking on the pavement.
"Oh sorry sorry I didn't mean to." words flew out of my mouth.

"Hey you don't look fine to me."
"Yeah, tired a bit." I said swallowing my saliva as my throat feels very dry.
"Let's take you to some cafe." The kind human said and took me by supporting my shoulders.

After drinking fresh orange juice I felt my energy was boosted. I saw the stranger but a kind one looking at me with worried expressions on her face.
"Are you feeling better now?"
"Yes I'm fine."
"Thank you for your help."

"What is your name?" She asked politely. She was wearing a white top and black skirt. The attire was suiting her. Her hair were short and black.

After a brief introduction, Zed told me that she works in a bar and there's a vacancy for a worker so I could join. I accepted the offer and she said she will talk to the manager.
The bar won't pay me that much but it was worth it. I came back to the apartment by five in the evening. There was no message from Kara yet.

I thought to do the groceries as things were not enough for two people. I changed my formal clothes into baggy shirt and trousers and wrapped the scarf around my neck. I was about to leave the apartment when I saw Tristan coming inside.
"Hey are you free right now?" I asked as he entered the corridor.
He lifted his lowered face and forced his facial muscles to smile.
"Yeah, are you going somewhere?"

"We are going" I emphasized on the first word.
"Where?"
"Grocery store. November is at its end." I reminded him.

"Is my presence important?" He asked me as if he was refusing my company.
"I'll do it on my own. Just let me know if you need something extra."
"Five chewing gum bars and chocolate syrup."

I smiled "Sure, I'm heading towards the nearby mart. If you know somewhere better let me know."
"That place is OK" he said roughly and went passing me inside the lounge.
My heart signaled that something was not fine. He seems so cheerful and today he was very dull.

Shattering the thoughts I head off to the mart but on my way I was thinking about him continuously.

........

"Hazel" I heard a familiar voice shouting. He came running towards me in the parking lot.
"You? Here?" I asked.

"Yeah just changed my plans."
I didn't replied and wanted a valid reason for his current behavior.
He sensed my confusion and said further "You know mood swings." and moved ahead of me.

We bought some essential food items like spaghetti and dairy products. As we moved towards the jam and butter corner, I picked the peanut butter jar.
"Why do you like this so much?" Tristan asked me. It was the second time he spoke to me in the mart.

"This was the only thing I used to have in my school break."
I remembered Sophia used to give me peanut butter sandwich only for lunch at school. Though, I didn't like to eat the same thing daily but then I was used to it.

In most of the cases, when we eat the same thing we started hating it but it went opposite with me. I started liking the taste of the sandwich and then it became my obsession.

"That isn't any valid reason" I heard him saying.
I turned and asked "Why do you like chocolate so much?"
"Because its delicious and works with everything."
"Then peanut butter is healthy, rich and easy to go with bread at any hour of the day." I replied.

He hummed in response. He was still facing the shelf and I kept watching him.
"Am I looking very handsome in this check shirt?" He said .
His neck was still towards the shelves.

"Umm... I didn't get that__" I asked confused.
"The way you are staring at me see like I'm looking very handsome. Right Ms Isabella?"
He called me by my name the first time. I don't know why but it sounded good.

I was embarrassed a little as I was caught red handed. So many thoughts were processing in my tiny brain at the same time. I picked up few more items and went straight to the cash counter. While, I was in this process's Tristan kept waiting for me.

"I'll take the bags in my car. Drove your bike to the apartment." He said without letting me speak.
We reached home and he directly went to his bedroom. I was hoping he would come sooner or later to help me place the things in the kitchen but I was disappointed.
I kept thinking about him as my intuition said something was not right. My hands were doing their work but my mind was not present.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

So here's another chapter. Tristan is acting weird. To know the reason stay tuned!

Add this book in your reading lists. Keep supporting me to end this journey of writing.

Love, AA 💜