Chapter#5: Communicating

Hey guys! Yesterday I received my first comment which motivated me to get on the new chapter soon. I am so happy that you responded.

!!Happy Reading!! 😋

_____________________________________

Isabella

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling for few minutes realizing that the place was unfamiliar to me.

You have moved to Texas, Bella. My inner voice reminded me.

I started to regain my memory. It was my first sleep in Texas and it was quit peaceful unexpectedly. I stood up from the bed and saw the time. It was 11:56pm. I heard a growl from my stomach asking for food since I hadn't eaten anything since afternoon.
I went to the balcony. It was quit long and there was another door interlinking it with another room.
It must be the store. I thought.
The sky was covered with dark clouds.

Bad weather is welcoming me soon. I should hurry to the mart to get the essential food items or I'll starve to death.

I wore a hoodie and sweatpants. My clothes need to visit the laundry I realized as they were sweaty.
There's no time to get dressed up.

I went to the mart to do the groceries. I was planning to make saucy spaghetti for dinner.
On my home it started to rain and I got all wet. Thanks to the bag attached to my bike which protected my groceries.

I entered the apartment & took off my shoes on the rack. There was another pair of shoes lying.
He must be home. I thought
I was shivering due to cold but had no time to take warm shower as my stomach was craving for food.

I washed my hands and turned on the stove. I start searching for the pan in the cabinets. I didn't remember where I put it.
After I found it I pour some oil in it. I was waiting for it to get heated when I felt a gaze on back.
I slowly turned my neck and saw buddy standing at the entrance of kitchen with his arms crossed around his chest. He was wearing a black shirt and blue denim shorts. His muscular arms were easily visible from his shirt. His shoulders were broad and he was tall enough, I guess 6 feet 2 inches.
His hair looked damp as if he had taken a shower.

While I was observing him from head to toe he was smiling at me stupidly.
"Need anything?" I asked.
He straighten his hands and took a deep breathe "You got these things all by yourself?" Pointing towards the grocery bags lying on the counter.

Instead of answering me he popped another question on me.
"Yes" I replied simply and turned towards my pan and continued cooking. As I started to make sauce for the spaghetti he came closer to the counter and asked " So, Ms. Wordsworth how can I help you?"

Whether it was an act of kindness or he was trying to impress me, I accepted his offer and pointed towards the vegetables and commanded him "Chop them into thin pieces".
His smiling face suddenly turned pale as if he wasn't expecting me to accept his offer.

Unwillingly he moved towards the vegetables and start chopping them. I saw him doing his assigned task by ruining the vegetables.
I came near the place where he was cutting & took the knife from his hand "Watch and learn."
He keep staring me with his blue eyes rather than concentrating on the chopping board.
"Am I really that beautiful?" I asked him while cutting the carrot. My eyes were right on the board but I could see him through the corner of my eye.

He suddenly got out of the trance "hmm?" The only word which spill out of his mouth.
"I said am I really so beautiful the you keep staring me like that instead of placing your eyes on the board." My eyes were still on the cutting board.

Feeling embarrassed he lowered his eyes on my hand where I was giving him the tutorial.
After a pause as I looked up, I saw his cheeks still red because of embarrassment.
His handsome face was still lowered trying to focus on the work.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

Don't be a silent reader and let me know about your thoughts.
Isabella looks quit a commanding lady. Isn't so?
Well I loved the interaction between them. Next chapter will bring them even more close.
Stay tuned!

Don't forget to vote for me😊

Love, AA