Stay

His Home

Millie had been driving for almost thirty minutes now, while Finn looked around the interior of the Jeep and eventually settled for looking out the window at the passing scenery.

He noticed how they had entered the wealthier part of Hawkins about ten minutes ago. "How far did you drive? Damn." Millie laughed at Finn's astonishment.

"I told you I was exploring!" She defended herself. "Right... and how old did you turn last month?"

"Eighteen..."

"So it was still dumb of you to get out of your car and wonder around in the middle of the night. What if someone jumped you and you were hurt?" She heard the concern in his voice, but it was also starting to annoy Millie.

"Ok so don't overstep your boundaries Finn. You aren't my dad. What are you like a year older than me?" She looked over to see his smug expression and rolled her eyes.

"I'm twenty-one actually, but A for effort with your guess."

"Oh..." Millie was a little surprised to say the least. "Yeah oh. Full blown adult baby!" She couldn't stop the laugh that came out next.

"Fine you win, but just because you are three years older than me doesn't mean you are Mr. Responsible. How much alcohol do you drink since you can buy it legally now?"

"Trick question because I don't drink."

"What? Seriously you aren't lying to make yourself look better?"

"Nope, swore off alcohol the minute I turned twenty-one. It's toxic, I never want to deal with it... I have my reasons to." Finn stated truthfully.

"Ok well then I respect that." He nodded before turning towards her. "Have you ever had alcohol Millie?"

She looked down before aiming at the road again. "I've been drunk plenty of times. I like the buzz it gives and how it will make you forget everything for awhile."

"Miss Rebellion... I like it." Finn smiled and then looked forward again missing Millie's small grin. She was thankful he didn't start lecturing her on how forgetting was only temporary or some bullshit like that.

After a few more minutes Millie was pulling in the big parking lot of the huge complex where she lived. After parking next to Sadie's Prius again she sat back in her seat.

"Ok we are home so out you go." Finn listened and grabbed his backpack and guitar from the back before following Millie through the revolving doors.

"Holy shit... you live here?"

"Well this is just the lobby, but yeah. Come on elevator is this way!" He continued to follow her until they were standing against the walls on opposite sides of the elevator.

"It's like 3:15 in the morning right now." Millie said as she started typing on her phone.

"Well I was sleeping until a short little British girl decided to wake me up." Millie giggled. "Okay I'm sorry, but in my defense you are trading that hard old bench for a comfortable king sized mattress with fluffy pillows!"