Chapter 40.1 #Revelations

"Hello Miss Mendrez. I won't beat around the bush.Your MRI result is okay. Nothing's wrong with your brain. In short, you don't have amnesia. As usual."

Nangunot ang noo ni Gillian.

"As usual?"

"Yes. Remember when you were eight years old... Thirteen? I'm not sure how many times I've examined you before."

He's Dr. Green...our family doctor. Of course he knows my health history very well. A renowned neurologist.

"Doc, I'm fine. They're just worried that's why."

The doctor stared at her for a moment.

"I don't want to waste my time with this matter, Miss Mendrez. So, tell me. Are you really ill or is this your habit? Pretending--"

Biglang bumukas ang pinto.

"You tell us. You're the doctor. Why are you interrogating a patient like that?"

"Alaric..."Sambit ko sa pangalan ng bagong dating. Nasa likuran nito si Kael.

"My apologies, Mr. Saltzman. The results are out. Her MRI shows no brain changes. Before I suspected she's under major depressive disorder and social anxiety disorder. But according to the MRI, there are no abnormal modifications of the brain's cortex."

"What are you saying, doctor? She's pretending?"Alaric asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, that's bullshit."Segunda naman ni Kael.

"I'm a renowned neurologist, gentlemen. Making up stories is not my fortè. I won't sacrifice my reputation for uncertainty. I don't disclose inaccurate and invalid information if you say so, without legal and thorough analyis."

Nagkatinginan ang binata.

"So, wala siyang amnesia caused by any brain...err mental disorder?"Alaric.

"Yes."

"Have you considered environmental factors, doc?"

"If you're not satisfied with my diagnosis... I think you may need a psychotherapist's guidance for this matter."

Samantalang napakurap-kurap naman si Hill sa narinig.

"Wait. I'm perfectly fine. Why do I need to see a psychotherapist?"

"Okay then. Can we test it? Can I ask you some questions then?"Kael asked.

"Yes! Go ahead. Ask away."

"Do you remember what you did to Almira?"He asked calmly.

"I... I don't. What did I...do?"

"Well, let us just say your trickery made her hospitalized for a week."Kael's expression darkened as these words came out his mouth.

Almira is like a sister to him. He wouldn't want something bad to happen to her even though she's pretty annoying.

Napasinghap si Gillian.

"That was Stellar. She's crazy. Believe me, Kael. That wasn't me."

"Wow."Alaric said in awe,"Mr. Zeleris, I must say you're kinda good at this. Dr. Green, can you recommend us a reliable psychiatrist?"

"Don't bother. I know someone."Kael said with a cold expression.

Napailing-iling si Hill. Nakapamulsang nakamasid lamang si Kael sa kanya.

"You must be joking. Do you really believe I'm mentally sick, Kael? Of all people?"

"Of all people? Sounds like you're so devoted to me. Isn't it ironic? You don't even recognized me the night we met somewhere down the road. But you remember yourself being engaged to this man beside me years ago? Funny. And just awhile ago, out of the blue you've declared your love for me. I've been wanting to ask this, Hill. What happened to you three years ago?"

Bumuka-sara ang bibig ni Hill. Gusto niyang magpaliwanag pero hindi niya alam kung may kabuluhan ba ang sasabihin niya para sa mga ito. Paano kung isipin nila na may diperensya talaga siya sa utak? Hindi niya lubusang akalain na ganito kahirap ang kanyang sitwasyon. Hindi niya inakalang mapagkakamalan siyang baliw sa kanilang mundo.

Naiyak siya bigla dahil sa frustration.

"Why are you crying? Are you feeling guilty, Miss Mendrez? Maybe it's time you tell us the truth."Anang doktor.

"Shut up. Don't force her."

She did not expect Kael to scold the doctor for her. He held her shoulders with comfort.

"Would you believe me if I tell you I've been going back and forth in another universe all these years?"Hilam sa luha ang mga matang tiningnan niya ang binata.

"Yes."

Napangiti siya sa sagot ng binata.

"Goodness! Are you really tolerating her mental illness? This would not do good for her. Considering she's an orphan--oh wait! Maybe she inherit this illness from her mother? Isn't her mother at the mental facility care?"

Pumikit ng mariin si Kael. Tila nauubusan ng pasensya.

"Mr. Saltzman, would you mind if I ask you to throw this blabbermouthed fvcking old man out this room?"

"O-Old man? You disrespectful brat!"

"Oh no, not at all. My pleasure."

"Sinasabi ko sayo bata! Malubha na ang sakit ng babaeng yan--umf!"

Alaric covered the persistent doctor's mouth.

"Shut up. Let's go!"

Nang makaalis na ang dalawa ay tumahimik ang buong silid.

"Are you okay? You're shaking."

"I'm telling the truth... I've been in a different dimension, really. And... and... this Stellar is trying to steal my identity..."She sobbed.

He held her chin up and touched her delicate face.

"Well, I'm glad you made it back. That Stellar is quite troublesome."He said, smiling.

"Y-You truly believe me?"

"Well, let's just say... it's not totally nonsense."He shrugged his shoulders,"It's interesting."

He chuckled.

Pinalo niya ito sa dibdib.

"You don't really believe me, do you?"She pouted and pushed him away.

"Stop sulking. You know, I will always believe you. Kahit pa sabihin mong tinangay ka ng alien. Maniniwala pa rin ako sayo."He winked.

"Ugh. Kael!"

"What? I just miss the sweet old you...Buu. Come here."

He kissed her forehead and gave her a warm embrace. She felt home, once again.