1• 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒈 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆

𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

"the big white house..." she'd told him. the words replaying in his mind as he anxiously tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

the only sound other than the radio was the sound of rocks being crushed under the tires. he kept his eyes on the big open country road ahead of him.

his mind wandered, thinking about seeing his best friend. after meeting her only five years before while she was on her senior trip to London, she quite literally stumbled into him, changing his life for the better.

after about three years apart, his band was finally touring the states again. he knew that he had to take this little one week break before recording to see her.

he smiled, just the mere thought of her making his heart race. her brunette hair, with little touches of golden blonde on the tips and the gold completely consuming the peach fuzz on her face and arms.

her smile, oh god that smile. when she smiled it lit up a room, her plump pink lips parting and revealing the sweet little gap in her teeth.

and her body was perfect, the perfect hips and thighs, and her height topping it all off. she stood at a meager five foot four, her small stature dwarfed next to him.

We'll go walking in the moonlight
Walking in the moonlight
Laughter ringing in the darkness
People drinking for days gone by
Time don't mean a thing
When you're by my side
Please stay awhile...

the song played over and over in his head, the joyous melody reminding him of her.

as if on cue, the song began to play on the radio. the happy chords ringing throughout the car. instinctively, he yelped and turned it up.

the lyrics played over in his head, a large smile on his face as he yelled them out, his eyes never leaving the lonely open road ahead of him.

as the familiar lyrics drifted through the car, his heart beat fast as he realised something.

oh god, he was in love with his best friend. rick savage was in love with scottie jones.

his mind lingered on the thought of her, and the new reality he was fixed to live with.

he looked down at his radio, the same sweet melody playing. his favorite part was coming up, and he closed his eyes and patted his hands on the wheel.

the song ended after that, leaving him a little disappointed. he dug around in his passenger seat, searching for the cassette, he needed to hear that song again, it pleasantly reminded him of what he was driving on all these country backroads for. to see miss scottie jones.

he finally pulled out the tape, and eagerly shoved it into the tape deck. the soft melody rang out again, sweet scottie drifting back into his mind.

he looked up from the tape deck, after rewinding the tape, to see a little figure with a basket standing right in front of him, in the distance stood that big white house she had told him to look for.

he slammed on the brakes, the rocks under his tires carrying him just a few extra inches. he leaned over his steering wheel, looking out the glass at the woman.

on his face was shock, and his mind twisted and turned and his eyes strained to see the woman's face. she had on a white sundress, her beautiful olive skin brilliantly shining against it. light yellow flowers decorated the dress. she held a small basket of white daisies, and on her face was shock and worry.

she was barefoot, on a gravel road. no one but scottie would do that.. he thought. and in that moment, a smile spread across both their faces. he parked and ran out, scottie dropping her basket. her hair blew back as she ran towards him, sav picking her up and twirling her.

meanwhile the same lyrics loudly sang throughout the car, floating out the windows.

I can hear the music in the darkness
Floating softly to where we lie
No more questions now
Let's enjoy tonight
Just you and I....

✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎✞︎

referenced song: 'You and I' -Queen

first chapter! i'm excited for this... book, story, whatever you want to call it! tell me what you think! ☺︎︎