6• 𝒉𝒚𝒎𝒏𝒔 & 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔

𝐭𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧

she sat on the porch, love songs drifting out the glass bay doors and pleasantly filling her ears.

she thought hard, the bittersweet feeling tugging at her heart at the sound of sav's voice.

her feet hung over the side, the tall blades of grass tickling the soles of her feet.

"scottie." sav sung out, the old rotting wood squeaking beneath his sneakers.

she turned her head and looked at him over her shoulder.

his hands were hidden in the pockets of his baggy sweatpants, his white tank top tucked in. his dirty blonde, more brown hair that she wanted oh so badly to run her fingers through casually lying on his broad shoulders.

"mhmm honey?" she returned, calling him by a name that she reserved only for the people she loved most.

do I really really love him, or do i really really want to love him?

he was speaking, but her thoughts kept her brain in a fog, so she couldn't hear him.

"scottie? scottieee?" he asked multiple times, trying to grab her attention.

"yeah?" she asked. her head was so foggy, I have to get out of this funk. I was fine this morning...

"will you?" he asked again, a hopeful sparkle in his eye.

"uh, uh huhm. yes." she had no earthly what he had just asked, but she could barely focus on where she was walking.

too much whiskey, I guess.

she slipped past him and into the living room, directing herself to the record player.

she searched through her records, not finding what she wanted. she pulled out a small box from under a table and inside were tons of old records.

they werent very thick records, but very sturdy, not wobbly at all. they were all clothed in dirty, dusty, and musty smelling paper.

they were all a bit bigger than a 45, but not by much.

she took one out, and placed it on the table, pulling the tone arm over and setting the needle on the plastic looking record.

immediately slow, soft organ music began playing, scottie singing along. it was apparently her favorite hymn.

she turned it up loud, and stood in front of sav. she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tight.

this confused sav, was she ok?

she released her hold on him and walked over to her old flower printed sofa, snuggling into a worn corner.

"sav, come here."

he walked over, still confused.

"please cuddle with me."

and so he did. they soon fell asleep together, waking up to the gentle crackling of the end of the record that had apparently been replaying.