7• 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆

𝐭𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

scottie pranced down the giant stairs in a white shirt, paired with extremely worn overalls. her little white Keds made a grand, loud entrance, scaring sav.

"oh, hey sweets." he smiled a toothy grin, looking her up and down.

he himself was dressed in a loose blue button up shirt, tucked into some torn jeans. his soft locks strewn across his shoulders again.

a soft blush spread across her face, a wild smirk playing at her lips.

"ready to go?" he asked, offering her his arm.

she smiled and nodded, linking hers in his.

they danced in sync all the way out of the house, bumping hips and syncing their footsteps.

sav opened the rental car's door for scottie, in which she slipped in and buckled her seatbelt, her fingers intertwined in her lap. she sat happily waiting for him.

he got in and they drove off, starting down the 2 mile long road.

the silence was bothering him, so sav clicked the radio on, Hot Dog screaming out of the speakers.

Well, I just got into town today
To find my girl who's gone away
She took the Greyhound at the general store
I searched myself I searched the town
When I finally did sit down
I find myself no wiser than before

she gasped out loud, recognition painting her expression. a crazy smile spreading across her face.

she immediately sang out the lyrics, her nimble fingers cranking up the volume.

an excited feeling consumed sav's heart, looking over at scottie every few minutes to see here still bopping around to the song.

love filled his mind, the blaring radio becoming hushed and eventually silent while scottie became the only thing on his mind.

everything seemed to go in slow motion, scottie's dances, the trinkles of the rocks hitting the sides of the car.

the song ended and they were left in silence once again, until scottie went sifting through his tapes. she smiled a triumphant grin when she found 'A Day at the Races' not knowing that was sav's favorite.

he smiled and grabbed the cassette, happily pushing it into the tape deck.

she worked the radio professionally, tapping her fingers along the buttons like a piano.

she say back and sighed when 'Somebody to Love' started.

she frowned and looked at sav. he was sipping his water bottle, his attention still on the long road ahead.

"you know, I think I need somebody to love." she sighed

sav nearly spit out his drink, his cheeks heating up. his heart sped up.
a million things crossed his mind, and he had a hard time choosing just one thing to say.

"er- uhm, me too." he nodded, trying deliberately to hide his reddening face.

the rest of the time was spent sharing little stories and experiences, until they eventually pulled into the rural little diner's dirt parking lot.