14• 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆

saturday morning
•sav•

sav pulled into the haphazardly paved parking lot of his new recording studio, yawning and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. he looked out on the wet pavement, a fresh layer of rain coating it.

he pulled a polaroid of scottie from his dash, one of her by herself.

she was smiling wide, obviously taking the photo of herself. the angle was hilarious to him, since you could barely see him smiling in the background.

her pretty gapped teeth were the first thing he saw, and his eyes traveled around to her braided pigtails, and her arched eyebrows. the flash the camera produced really showed her natural skin color, and he loved that.

i could hang this on the cork board, or show them that she's a real person, and she's beautiful, too.

he thought on this for a moment, then grabbed the photo and slid it into his jacket pocket.

he slinked into the building, walking into the recording room to greet the technicians.

he stopped in his tracks when he saw them all over the floor, towels scattered around. he looked over at steve rubbing his forehead in a frustrated manner.

"whats going on?" sav asked.

when steve began to speak, a techniciam spoke up and interrupted him. steve recoiled, used to being interrupted.

"fuckin rain came in through a damn hole in the cieling and ruined all of the equipment." he grunted and stood up, looking over the sound board. "this is an expensive loss."

sav pressed his lips together, now worried. "now what do we do?"

"you'll most likely postpone your recording period until the new equipment comes, or find a new studio. knowin your manager though, he aint gonna find another studio. he'll most likely wait." the hefty dutch man drew in a sharp breath at the last word.

"are you sure? should we speak with him or..?" steve spoke up.

"hell, man i dont know. but just be prepared to wait a few months."

they nodded, and sav followed steve out of the room.

they walked down the long, narrow corridors with short cielings, checking each room. when they finally arrived to the room containing their manager and bandmates, they went inside and sat down, immediatley immersing themselves in the conversation.

"no, no, i don't feel like it. it's such a big hassle, and it takes forever. it would be much smarter just waiting for the new equipment." their manager rubbed his face. "anyway, i'm sure you guys don't mind another month off do ya?"

joe shook his head. "but aren't there more sound rooms we can record in?"

"those are student rooms. they're only used for student technicians and musicians. it's all old, shitty equipment anyway."

their manager looked up when he saw them come in. "oh sav, wow welcome. right on time." he tapped his watch and chuckled sarcastically.

sav let out a sharp sigh. "so what are we doing?"

"god, i'm not explaining this again." the frustrated man left the room in a hurry.