Chapter Three - Breaking Up and Falling Again

The first thing I do is gasp.

I swear I could hear my heart shatter in a thousand pieces.

Gale breaks away from Madge and looks shocked at me.

"How could you? I thought you loved me!" I yell.

"I do Katniss! This is a mistake! She kissed me! I didn't want this!" He screams back.

"If you didn't want this, why would toy kiss her back? And don't say you didn't kiss her back, because it sure looked like that!" I scream, tears flowing from my eyes.

I pull the door open and run away, to my car with Gale who is screaming my name, following me.

"Catnip, wait! I love you! Come back! I'm sorry, I'm so freaking sorry!" He yells.

No freaking way I'm forgiving that asshole.

"Just go and face-suck that whore! I'm done with you!" I yell back.

I reach my car and quickly get inside. As I turn on my car, Gale reaches my car. I quickly lock the doors and he screams out of frustration.

"Fuck you, Gale!" I yell and drive away.

When I'm out of his sight, I break down in tears. I don't even know where I'm driving to. I arrive at a place I swore to myself never to come again.

The woods I used to go to with my father.

I park my car and look in the mirror. My makeup is all smudged around, tearstream marks all over my face, my hair hanging out of the braid. I leave my phone in my car, not wanting to receive any calls.

I get out of my car and lock it. I walk to the small opening in between all the bushes and trees and get into the woods. I start to walk and cry. I don't care anymore.

I scream and yell of frustration, anger and heartbreak. Tears flowing down my cheeks.

I walk to the lake that I have so much good memories about. The lake where my dad taught me to swim. God, I loved my dad so much and still do.

I miss him, his jokes and his warming hugs. No one could ever replace him.

Even though I was so young, I still remember a lot about him. How he liked to put mayonnaise on his turkey sandwich. Not like a gently amount, but like a lot.

I laugh at the memory and break down in more tears. I lost two people I loved the most.

I lay down on the soft bed of grass and cry my lungs out.

After a while of crying and screaming, I get up and walk to my car. I reach it and get in. It is late, around 8 PM already. I grab my phone to see 15 missed calls, 6 from Gale, 2 from Peeta and 7 from my mom.

Why did Peeta call me?

I decide to call him back. After three rings he picks up.

"Katniss? Thank god!" He says, relief in his voice.

"Peeta, why did you call me?" My voice sounds screechy from crying and shouting.

"Your mom told us you didn't come home after school and I was worried! Where are you, Katniss?" He asks worried.

"I'm at the woods. I'm okay, don't worry. I'm going home now," I say.

"Call me when you're home! I'll call everybody and tell them you're safe," he says.

"Thank you, Peeta. I really appreciate it," I say.

"It's not a problem, Kat. Just don't do it again. I was really worried," he says gently.

"I won't. Bye, Peeta," I say, smiling that he just called me Kat.

"Bye. When you get home, you should get some rest," he says, worrisome.

"I will, goodnight." I say and hang up.

I drive home and park and lock my car. I open the front door and get inside.

"I'm home!" I yell through the house.

"Katniss! Thank God! Where have you been?!" My mom asks.

I explain the whole situation with Gale and tell her where I was. She gives me a reassuring hug and I instantly feel a lot better.

"How could he do that? What an asshole! Oops, I didn't meant to swear!" My mom says.

I laugh and my little sister storms out of her room.

"Katniss! Oh My God! I was looking everywhere for you! Even under my bed!" She jokes.

We laugh and I tell her everything.

"Well, honey, you get a shower and I'll make something to eat for you," my mom says.

I nod and walk upstairs to take a shower.

After a quick shower I put my hair in a bun and put on some sweatpants and a sweater.
I walk downstairs and go to the kitchen. I grab my food and eat it.

After eating I call Peeta and tell him I'm home and immediately go straight to my bed.
I quickly fall asleep.

I wake up by my alarm and sit up in my bed. I turn the darn thing off and decide to not let the whole Gale-thing ruin my day.

I make myself ready for school and eat cereal with Prim.

I drive to school and start my day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helloooooo.

I just wanted to say that I'd really appreciate it if you'd vote and comment on this story.

Also, I want to shout my Best Wattpad Friend out (lol):

DistrictEffie: you really make my day with your awesome stories and comments💋 I love you! You're my poopie (see what I did there)! I really like Mentors and Hijacked and hope it will be up again soon! 😘

BYEEEE.

INSTAGRAM:

-@thehungerlove (THG fan page)

❤️ Darling, I will be loving you till 70 ❤️
💖 Ed Sheeran, Thinking Out Loud 💖