Chapter Four - Feelings Are Complicated

I drive to school and park my car. As I hoped, the motorcycle is already parked.

Wait, why did I hope it would be there? I seriously don't understand myself sometimes.

Oh well. I decide to let it go and turn my car off. I grab my bag and step out of my car.
I quickly lock it and walk inside. I see Peeta and Johanna standing outside in front of the school doors.

I walk up to them.

"Hi," I say.

"Hey Katniss, how are you doing?" Peeta says, looking at me with his piercing blue eyes.

"I'm fine, thank you. How about you?" I say, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"I'm good. Johanna and I were just talking about the dance coming up in two weeks. Are you gonna go?" Peeta asks.

"Eh, I don't know yet. I'm not the dancing type," I answer, smiling softly.

"Well I'm gonna dance my ass off," Johanna casually replies.
I laugh and so does Peeta. Gosh, his laugh is cute.

"Well, let's go inside now, I have to put some books in my locker," I say.

We walk inside and I put my stuff in my locker. I walk to the cafeteria and walk to the other ones sitting at a table. Gale-the-asshole isn't here yet. Good.

We talk about nonsense until the bell goes and we have to go to our History lesson. Ugh.

I'm the last one to walk into the classroom and see that there is only one empty place left. And it's next to Peeta.

I walk towards him and I feel my heart is beating harder when I get closer. Why am I feeling like this? I'm sure he doesn't like me like this.

"Hey, is it ok if I sit next to you? There's not like any other places left," I laugh.

"Yeah, sure," he replies, smiling his cute smile.

"Thank you," I say.

I sit down next to him and take my books out of my bag. I open them on the correct pages.

"So do you really like Metallica? Referring to your shirt you do," he asks.

"Yeah, I mean I like 'Enter Sandman' and 'Whiskey in the Jar' very much, and you?" I ask him, surprised by his question.

(A/N I realllllly like Metallica and those 2 songs are actually my faves lol)

"Those are my favorite songs, actually," he answers, his ocean blue eyes piercing into mine.

"What other bands do you like?" I ask him and he answers with a couple of others.

We continue talking about bands and stuff and soon the teacher walks in. We get to work and the bell rings. Yay, Physics 😩.

I gather my books together and put them in my bag. I motion to stand up and leave the classroom but Peeta grabs my arm and I look into his eyes, very confused by what's happening.

"I have to ask you something," he says, with a gaze full of seriousness.

"Okay," I answer, not sure what to expect.

"Would you like to go to the dance with me?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiiiiiiii.

So I know this chapter is short, but it's like four in the morning. Me and DistrictEffie are gonna stay up the whole night like badasses.

We made a new account @Lulbae and we wrote a new story on it, called 'The Fuckery Games'. It's full of fuckery so if you don't like that then you should probably not read it lol.

Love u guyssssss. 💋

INSTAGRAM:
-@thehungerlove