Chapter Seven - The new girl

"Do you want to be my girlfriend, Katniss?" He asked me.

I know it was only a week after my breakup with Gale, but I'm headoverheels in love with Peeta. So I think I made the right decision.

"Yes!" I said, smiling like a retard. But it wasn't like I cared. I got the boy I wanted and he wanted me.

He smiled and kissed me again. I swear I could feel all the fireworks at once. I literally couldn't have been happier.

He helped me inside the car and drove me home. When we arrived and he stopped the car, I unbuckled my seatbelt.

When I turned my head in Peeta's direction, his face was coming closer. I smiled and leaned in too. We kissed our goodbyes and he pulled me into a short but loving hug.

"Thank you for this amazing night, I really appreciate it," I said, smiling.

"You made the night amazing," he said. I didn't care about the cheesiness of his comment, it just made my insides scream.

"I'm sorry Peeta, but can we wait with telling the others about our relationship? I just broke up with Gale and I don't want to look like a slut, I'm really sorry," I said, frowning

"I understand. We can let the others know at the dance," he suggested. I nod.

I kissed him one last time before I got out of the car and walked to my front door. I looked over my shoulder and saw him smiling to me. I returned a smile and opened the door. I waved to Peeta and went inside.

I took off my shoes and said hi to my mom and Prim. Prim quickly came running to me in excitement.

"Katniss, how was your night? Did you kiss him? Is he your boyfriend now? Gosh, you would amazing together!" She squealed. Oh my God, Prim. Calm down.

"Prim, calm down! Geez! And to answer your questions: it was really fun, yes and yes. Oh, and thank you!" I quickly said. My mom looked at us, frowning.

I quickly ran up the stairs and slipped inside my room, locking the door, just before Prim had her 'fangirl breakdown'. That girl can be hyper sometimes.

I putted on my pajamas and rinsed my makeup off of my face. I brushed my teeth and slipped in my bed. I tried to read some books, but I was too distracted, because just one word, Peeta.

I thought about the night and Peeta and a few hours of happy thoughts, I drove off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up and it was 11:34 AM. Oh my God, I overslept. Oops.
I ate some breakfast and spent the rest of the day texting Peeta and watching movies.
I went to sleep early, or at least trying to.

On Monday morning my alarm went off and for once I didn't mind that stupid thing. I was gonna see Peeta, my boyfriend, again!

I got ready and drove to school. I parked my car and locked it. I quickly got inside and went to put some of my books into my locker.

When I open my locker, there is a little blue envelope inside of it. I look around me to see who could possibly have done that. There's no one around. What?

I open it and pull a small pink card out of it. Someone wrote something on it.

"Hey beautiful girl! I was wondering, do you want to go to the school dance with me? I'll wait for you in the cafeteria. ❤️, Peeta."

Oh. My. Gosh. Peeta FREAKING Mellark asked me to go to the dance with him!
I quickly throw some books in my locker and basically run to the cafeteria.

I open the big black doors and see him and our friends at the table. I try to walk as calm as possible to them and take a seat next to Peeta.

"Hey," he says, smiling sweetly.

"Hey!" I happily return.

"So, did you read the card?" He asks, concern in his voice.

"Yes, it was so sweet! And my answer is obviously yes!" I say, grinning.

He returned the grin and then the school bell rings. Me and Peeta walk to the classroom and I take a seat next to Johanna somewhere in in the middle of the back.

Our teacher walks in with a really pretty girl that I don't know. She's wearing a cool outfit and has blonde, curly short hair. Her eyes really pop up with her perfect done winged eyeliner. She's just very beautiful.

"Guys, everyone be quiet now, shshshshs, this is Sille, your new classmate. She's from District 3," the teacher says.

Everyone says hi.

"Hi," she shyly replies. She has a clear and powerful voice. Her voice doesn't seem to fit her shy personality.