Prologue

00 - Home

Home is not a place. It is always a feeling. We always feel at home with the person we love the most. We feel the sense of comfort inside their arms...

Holding you in silence... even the loudest and quietest times of your life, you wanted their arms wrapped around your body. Leaning on their chests... listening to their heartbeats until feeling it syncs together with ours.

"Kaela!" Someone called me from behind.

I immediately smiled when I saw the notorious playboy, Ridge Saavedra, appeared inside the mansion. I stood up and went towards him, and gave him a tight hug.

"Hey! I miss you so much, Ridge!" I squealed. I felt him kiss the top of my hair.

"I don't miss you, Kaela." He mocked.

I broke away from our hug and gave smacked his arm. He acted hurt, but I know it doesn't really.

"I hate you!" I rolled my eyes at him. He chuckled and held my hand to hug me.

"You know you don't mean that. You love me, hmm..." He uttered.

I secretly smiled because he really knows me. Yes, I love him so much. He's one of the best guys I treasure in my life.

We settled on the couch in our living room. I am leaning on him as we were both busy on our own cellphones.

"Aren't you really gonna go with us to the Philippines?" I glanced at him. I saw him put down his phone and gave me his attention.

My dad, Eero Arcadius Cazarez, wanted me to be with Kuya Kainoa in the Philippines as well as I asked them to stay there for good since I'm of legal age now. Ayaw ko man iwan ang New York pero mas gusto ko doon...

My parents will stay in the meantime there, and if I am able to adjust, they'll go back here in New York.

Nagsalubong ang kilay niya habang nakatitig sa akin. "No, I won't." Sambit niya.

"Why? Your brothers are there." Rason ko. He smirked at me.

"You'll just miss me, eh?" I frowned at him.

"Of course, like duh! We were here in New York together for more than ten years, well me, I stayed here all my life, then I'll go back to the Philippines, and you'll be left here." Paliwanag ko. Patuloy pa rin ang simangot sa aking mukha.

We knew each other since I'm two years old. Ridge is older than me for a year, and he'll be on his second year in college while I, I, will be an upcoming first-year college student in the next academic year.

"Don't you like that?" Tinaas-taas niya ang kilay sa akin na parang may pinapahiwatig. I glared at him while stifling my smile.

"I like it! But it would be better if you are also there." Agap ko. Hinapit niya naman ako nang mas malapit sa kanya. It's too casual for us to be this way.

"I'll miss dad's angry remarks if I'll go there." Nakakaloko niyang saad.

"Ikaw talaga! Itigil mo na kasi lahat ng kalokohan mo para hindi ka laging pinapagalitan ni Tito Zane. Tita Dane's tired coming between the of you." Paalala ko.

Ridge always makes Tito Zane mad because of his impulsiveness. Masyado pang playboy kaya sakit sa ulo ni Tito Zane. Si Tita Daneiris ang laging nagpapatigil sa kanila.

I always know that Ridge loves his parents. Saksi ako diyan. Pero sadyang mapaglaro lang talaga siya. And he's into extreme sports like his brothers. That's why his mom always feels worried about them. But compared to his brothers, mas grabe siya.