13

Don't copy, just enjoy.
TAndPens.
.

Please vote for this book on Library Awards for Best Plot

.
Please vote for this book on Library Awards for Best Plot. I'm not sure I should have entered but still, thanks.
.

I did it. I wore the clothes.

The police came knocking in, my dad opened the door for them with a smile on his face while my mom looked liked a brown wooden doll with a carved grin, I watched from the top of the stairs, afraid to go down.

"A case of a missing child then?" The police man, short with a belly beer and a crooked nose, smiled his way in, his right hand was on his pocket trying to look professional while touching the taser.

"Yes, our dear daughter Reo is missing." My dad winked at the police man.

"For shame." The police laughed. He sat on the white couch reserved only for my dad and relaxed on the seat, his worn-out shoes tapping on the floor.

"Would you like anything to drink?" The police have never came to my house before but I didn't think you should offer them food and they should sit on your dad's favourite chair.

"Yes, water with a tang of lime. Thanks Mira, and hurry up okay." They knew each other then.

"So Leo ran off, always knew he was ungrateful. If you listened to me and took him to a boarding school, none if this would even happen." The man laughed. He laughed like a group of pigs eating their food noisily, it sorted my ears.

"That school was expensive then, John." My dad sat opposite him on the couch, he efficiently pulled his jeans, exposing his stripped socks. "This job just made things easier, you know that."

"I know. Do you know where he ran off to?" John, the policeman, said and brought out a small pocketbook with a tiny pen.

"Woke up and he was gone, but I'm sure that sister of his knows something, she just won't tell." Dad punched his other opened palm.

"Should I?"

"No, John." He chuckled slowly. "Don't. She's my ticket to Havard. Did you know she looks exactly like Leo? I had a feeling they should have been twins, but I'm happy they aren't."

"So what'll happen then?" Mom walked in with a tray holding a tall glass of water and a slice of lime perched on the glass. "Thanks Mira, I must say you're looking quite fine as usual."

Mom sat away from them; my unofficial seat whenever we have a family discussion. "Thank you John."

"Anyway, she'll impersonate Leo."

"That'll never work." I gripped the side of the stairs. "Leo's smart."

"I know. Don't worry about all that, I'll make it work somehow. It's a good thing she's a girl, that makes it all so much easier." Dad grinned. "Reo!"

I waited for a full minute, then slammed the door closest to me before walking down like I haven't been listening-in on their conversation.

"Can't you greet out guest?" He gritted his teeth.

"Good day." I felt uncomfortable wearing a guy's clothes. The slacks were too loose and the vest itched my skin, even the elastic I had to use to push my chest on the low was too tight.

"Wow. I would have never guessed that that's Reo." John commented. He raised his hand to stroke his chin. "Why would you said no to this, of all the things I've asked Mike?"

"Very funny, but this is Havard." Dad said. "My Havard."

.

Hi! Remade this chapter because Wattpad deleted it and I think it's better? I'm not really sure