𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Cooper ended up taking me to the place we went to dinner after our senior prom, it was a cute little restaurant on the water. He had reserved a spot outside on the wooden deck, we sat at a small little table. 

He pulled out the chair for me, "Thank you Coop" "Of course" he said sitting down across from me. The sun hung low, it was giving off a perfect golden glow and reflecting on the water below us creating a subtle sparkle. 

As I looked at the water I could feel Cooper's eyes on me, "Take a photo, it'll last longer" I glanced over at him, "Okay" he pulled his phone out of his pocket and held it up, "Smile" "I was joking" "I know, smile" he said again, I let out a soft laugh and looked into the back camera of his phone. 

"I probably look like a toe" Cooper shook his head, "Maybe like a rat or a..." I cut him off, "haha very funny" he smiled at me, "I'm joking Dasiy, you look great" I felt my face heat up, "Thank you", butterflies erupted in my stomach.  

Our date continued and it went better then I thought it was going to. Once we finished eating we walked down the pier and sat down on a bench, Cooper put his arm around me. We watched as the waves crashed against the wooden post. 

__

The next few days flew by and I was leaving tomorrow, Noah was still the only one I had told. I sat outside in the back drinking an Arizona listening to some music when Cooper came out, "Sup loser" I asked turning down the volume, he sat down on the chair next to me.  

"Nothing, I'm bored" "I'm happy you came out here, I need to tell you something" I watched as his expression changed slightly, "Okay?" Cooper said slowly, I sigh and sat up, "I'm leaving tomorrow, my flight's at 12" he didn't say anything, he just looked at me. 

An uncomfortable silence fell between us, "Coop?" I said softly, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" he asked, "I didn't know how" "Does anyone else know?" "The only other person is Noah," I told him. "So what, were you just gonna leave and not anything?" Cooper's tone was laced with frustration. 

"I don't know, I'm not good at this. all this saying goodbye shit, I hate doing it. When I moved to New York you and the rest of the guys where the only people I told where I was going" I explained to him, Cooper sigh.

 "Well you need to tell the rest of them" he got up and walked inside, "Where are you going?" "Don't worry about it" as he closed the door I sank back into my chair, "fuck" I said under my breath.