A New Beginning?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* I don't own Naruto✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Hinata finally convinced her father to let her go to the college of her choice, she had been ecstatic. Walking into the girls dorm, there was a mistake. They didn't have a room prepared for her, she would have to go somewhere else. The hyuga found it very strange that it was the first week of summer and all the rooms were already taken. She knew this college was popular but not this popular, but the campus was a ghost town not a single person in sight. Hinata wasn't very pleased when she found out people were just hogging the rooms.

She crossed her arms lost in thought. Why am I so unlucky... First Neji is staying with Tenten back home, Sakura and Ino are not coming until august, I. am. Literally. Alone.

"UGH!" she sighed out loud, feeling the beginning of a headache washing over.

Her phone rang out loudly, scaring her, she jumbled around all of her things, almost dropping her phone. Hinata checked the number id and instantly clicked the green button on the screen.

"Hi! Hinata!" she backed the phone away from her ear as he yelled into the speaker.

"Hi Naruto-kun, did something happen? What's going on?" she questioned cheerfully into the phone.

"I finally asked Sakura-chan out on a date! She said yes! We're going to go see that movie you talked about!!" it was almost as if she could feel how big his smile was from the other side of the phone. While trying to fake a smile herself, the hyuga tried not to whimper.

"That's great Naruto-kun, I'm really happy for you and Sakura-san." Hinata managed to spit out words without sounding like she was crying.

"I know right I've wanted to date her for so long but she wouldn't get over Teme." Naruto said annoyingly.

"Teme? What do you mean Naruto-kun? She was a little confused by the nickname she had never heard him say.

"Yeah, she's been in love with my best friend for the longest time since elementary school, I thought you knew Sasuke?" Hinata made a weird face then sighed her cheeks beginning to burn.

"I am not really sure of who you are talking about but that is alrigh-" she was rudely interrupted by Naruto over the phone.

"Sorry Hinata! I gotta run Sakura-chan's at my door! I totally forgot she was coming over... Do you want to say hi really quick?"

"Oh, no I'm ok, have fun bye."

Hinata had never hung up a phone that fast before, she didn't want to hear his voice anymore... she just couldn't handle it. She had known this day would come. The day that he would ask to be with her, all the long walks and sweet simple dates they would share together. Everything that she wished she would've done with him.

In her mind, all the things she had imagined doing with him were slowly fading away. She looked up at the sky and thought about what was really going on, what she was doing with her life, was this real? She questioned to herself as her vision got blurry. She felt the salty warm tears drifting down her cheeks.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*time passed✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The academics were wonderful at this college, and the campus was gorgeous. Hinata would be studying law and things like business and economics, psychology. She was an heiress to her family's corporation, so many things were riding on her being very successful even to the person she would wed in the future.

it is quite unfair how I have to marry someone with a status, can't it just be someone I love? Isn't that enough...

She frowned, sipping the coffee in the cafe she walked into, lost in thought she stared at the wall straight in front of her. Thoughts running through her mind, My things are going to get here soon, my kotatsu, my blankets, my books, my clothes, I was going to stay in the dorms and get ready for the fall, I have my library pass paid for already... MY CAT!!! Her expression turned sour.