Midnight - Nomin

Requested by YTB_23 but imma make a confession that I was needy and asked her for a request 😔 I'm sorry

K aight here's the request:

Like- could you maybe please write a soft midnight one where Jeno and Jaemin meet at the bus stop each night, not like they say “hey meet me” but they both just appear 👀

Lessgetit
_____________________________

Midnight

Jaemin hummed softly to himself as he walked down the street, looking around at the quiet neighborhood. It was always so beautiful at this time- the moon high in the sky, casting shadows in the backyards of the many homes he passed, the silence of the night flooding the streets, street lamps softly buzzing as they tried to chase away the graceful darkness of night. It was beautiful but still a bit Erie. He always enjoyed the chill it brought him when he saw the shifting of a shadow or a figure standing in the distance. It was a strange feeling to him, but he liked it. He liked to feel like he was lesser, to live on the edge and know it. Know that he could be in some actual danger.

He was always the schools bad boy, loud and talkative, the type who would curse out a teacher and didn't give a shit when he was in the principles office. But he wasn't a bully either. Many of the students respected him for standing up to the staff, some even praising him for it. But being someone that everyone seemed to honor and look up to meant he didn't really have any close friends. Instead he had a lot of really distant friends. He didn't have anyone to text or talk to when he was lonely, didn't have anyone to go get ice cream with when it was hot out, and it was lonely sitting in his bedroom all night. So, every night at around 11:30 he would take his wallet and walk to the bus stop. He'd take the bus a little ways into the city and walk around the marketplace, buying food and trinkets for himself as he pleased. He would head home whenever and normally wasn't in bed until about 3. It didn't matter to him though, he could just nap during his math class.

He hummed to himself as he approached the spot, watching his feet while he kicked some pebbles around. He only looked up once he was right beside the bench at the bus stop. That's when he noticed what was different.

A boy who looked about his age sat on the ground, face buried in his knees. There was a wilting bouquet on one side of him and on the other a box of chocolates, still unopened. He could hear faint sniffles coming from the boy and he walked over, picking up the dying flowers and sitting down.

"Are you alright..?" He asked carefully. He knew the answer was obviously no but he wanted to give the boy the chance to explain if he wanted.

The boy weakly nodded as a yes.

"I-I'm fine.." Jaemin's frown deepened as he carefully put an arm around the boys shoulder.

"Obviously you aren't. What happened?" The boy lifted his head so that his eyes watched over his arm, gazing at Jaemin who watched carefully.

"My girlfriend cheated on me.. And today was our anniversary b-but I saw her and that o-other guy kissing outside her house.." He stopped and sniffled, burying his face back into his knees. Jaemin noticed how the boy was instinctively leaning into the warmth of his hold.