Chapter 27

The Planet of Light is the Sun. How did I know? I almost burnt myself walking on the place.

I heard Wilhelm laughing all over again. This was a good sign. He stopped talking to me since yesterday night. He would usually inform me about any planet or anything usually. He remained silent when I fought with Thalia as well. Amazing Daniel. Now you are all alone apart from me, His tone was amusing, but I could feel his anger. Maybe he thought being alone was a sin?

Come to talk at last?, I retorted back.

You do realise if you walk for a minute longer, you will see your friends. They have been camping there.

I yelped and flew up, but I felt hot. I know, call me dumb, but when I walked, I didn't exactly feel hot. When I flew, the heat was a little too much. What do I do now, Wilhelm?

That is your punishment. You do not leave your friends ever again if you make it through this.

Please tell me what to do! I put in as much plea as I could manage. He didn't feel satisfied, I could tell that much.

I'm not. Wilhelm said. I was in a bad shape to argue as well, the heat was really getting to me. Whose fault was it to leave their friends? Now, Wilhelm lost his cool. He abandoned the pretence of him being amused. I could hear his voice roaring at me.

I'm sorry. Please help. I was desperate. Why wouldn't I be? It wasn't like I hated my friends. I just wanted to complete this quest and....And what? my own thoughts asked. See my parents? Train for fights? This was the best test for that. Maybe I wanted to see who was my actual parents. The King and Queen. I didn't know whether they were aware of me, but I wanted to go meet them. See how they are.

Wilhelm decided me dying would result in some chaos everywhere, so he helped, Imagine yourself as the person who drew energy from the sun. Imagine you're now the most powerful person with the sun's power at your comand.  His tone almost sounded bored.

I did so and the sun's heat passed. I didn't feel that much of a change, apart from the fact that I could stand without getting burnt. I tried lighting a fire, but, like Earth, the fire was too much. The power of the fire was too much. Thalia would kill me with fire when she sees me, I shuddered. I had to delay their troops for my friends so that they could attack and at least protect the sword.

I regretted having said that to Thalia. But at the same time, I also thought that would help her. Maybe when she meets Roël and Joanne, she wouldn't be sad or scared. Just more powerful. She and Kane would be very strong here.

I looked around my surroundings. Where are we?, I asked to Wilhelm

You're in the east part of the planet. I can sense the power from a lot of places here.

Which is the strongest?

No place is more stronger. All are approximately equal in power levels. I wonder why that is. Wilhelm said. I could feel the sarcasm.

Why is it like that?

Wilhelm actually looked in a good mood after all that happened. To distract you! He's done all of this just so you couldn't find the Sword.

Oh. I didn't know what to say after that, so I left it.

We don't have much choice though, we have to search all of the countless number of power infused places! Wilhelm's tone was quite optimistic.

That was the beginning of our quest to find the sword, I complained. I was mad at them for making us search those planets. At least that time I had friends, and knowledge of how many planets there is. Now I was left alone with Wilhelm.

It always is this bad, Daniel. You need to know that you can face more than that. At this point, I was genuinely thinking whether Luke and Wilhelm had been communicating directly.

Oh and by the way, most of places also have been infused with demon power. So, you need to fight your way through. Good luck!

I sighed, this was going to be a long and hard day, wasn't it?

I transport myself, using my cloak into the first place. Luckily for me, the demons who were there were not informed I entered the planet. They were sleeping. I also did not want to kill them, so I quietly flew into a room that was open. The Sword was not there, but I could see a normal knife that had a stone poking out of the butt of the handle. Maybe that was why I got here. The stone was bright as the many things that are here in this planet.

Just as I was about to take a deeper look at the knife, a deep voice came, "Well, well, well. If it isn't our enemy himself." I spun around to see what or who was talking. It was the demons that were sleeping. Either I woke them up, or this was a trap!, I thought to myself and Wilhelm.

But I didn't allow myself to linger. If there is one thing that depresses or scares you, move out from it. Do not think about it. "So. Who are you lot?" I asked, casually. It was only then did I look properly. They had black eyes. But they were like Roël's. Not Sclera, nothing. Just darkness, they all were at the height of about, 6 feet, but their bodies were most definitely not human. They resembled a squirrel. But much, much bigger.

"As if we'd tell you" One of them sneered at me.

"Well" I summoned my swords. I was using that much more than I was using my trident. "You leave me no choice, squirrels"

Both of them snarled and charged at me. Making someone angry might be one of my very few talents i haven't found out yet. They did not have a weapon nor were they benders, so I suppose they were going to scratch me to death. One of them jumped and one of them rushed at me. Just as I knocked the one that charged at me, the other one smashed into me. I rolled around, for about ten seconds without a clue of what I was doing. I was just about to get up, when a squirrel scratched my arms.

Let me tell you, It felt bad. Blood was pouring out like it was a pool. The pain didn't stop. Unfortunately, neither could I. I had to fight. My friends would kill me otherwise. But I knew that was useless. I was about to pass out, when Wilhelm pretty much turned on a switch. I gained power immediately. My injuries turned into scars and I looked at them with fury. Instead of waiting for them to charge, I charged them myself.

I sidestepped one and, expecting the trick this time, flew upwards. The squirrel hit into its friend and they both tumbled. But they were squirrels, they quickly got up and they tried to charge again.

I saved them the trouble. I did it myself. I sent a blast of lightning across and for some reason, they fell to the ground immediately when the bolt hit them. Were squirrels terrified of lightning or something?, I asked Wilhelm,

Yes. They try to mind their own business in a tree where they like during a rain. And what happens?

What happens?, I asked, not wanting to look like I don't care

The tree gets struck down! A lot of its brethen have died that way. That is one of their many terrors, and now you just go and do that.

Suddenly I found out how Roël must have had them under his control. This was sort of a phobia for them, and I did exactly what they feared.

I gazed sadly at them. "I'm sorry, Please forgive me", I went and whispered in their ears. They weren't dead, but they still were very close to.

I decided I can't do anything more than that, so I left the place for the second place infused with power.