Chapter 17: Invocable Resolute

What was going through the maiden's mind was not something so simple. The very whisper of the bland wind brought what mere chills brought to the paleness of the nightingale skin the maiden possessed. Her hair blanched half of her face in darkness, but she felt like she could not do anything, not for herself, but a part of her prayed she could do something for Tauriel.

Blood began to drip down her neck, abiding her clothes to be soaked in whatever color everyone could imagine. The dampness of her tear at the corner of her eyes brought grief where it followed, but this time she would not allow it to be so.

Before an orc steps out, his weapon ready to slice Tauriel by her neck, Tauriel looked to Alya with whatever she could barely muster, her lips draining from whatever peach color it could uphold. She closed her eyes for a moment almost welcoming the feeling of nothingness, but the maiden would not allow such a thing. Her eyes narrowed on contact and a switch probed through every beat that pulsed through her entire body and she glided forward.

Unconscious in a way, she made her way to the leader of the orcs, her knee lodging in between his thigh as he leans backward in pain. The maiden grabs the dagger in the orcs hand in a brisk second, her grip shifting it as it flips within the bounds of her palms almost fluidly done. She positions the daggers blade in front of her ask she swings back and lands the sharp end into the orcs head before he could strike Tauriel down.

The maiden, breathed in deep, her gasps rasping in the air as if it were the only sound that could be heard within a mile radius. Her eyes were enlarged as her fingers shook to no end at the very sight of what she had done. The orc crumbled to the ground as she followed suit, her body flailing, unable to do nothing more.

"Alya," Tauriel's voice softened at what the maiden had done and the mere sight of her broke every inch of what Tauriel had as her conviction. The maiden turned to her slowly as if something was restricting her from facing anywhere else. Her gaze then moved to her hands that finally released their stone hold grip on the dagger still lodged in the skull of the now dead orc.

Her eyes laced with mere obscurity that did not know the bounds of whatever power she held over herself, but no amount of guilt would come to her. No ounce of recall to why she had done what she did, but either way, what was done was done.

Immediately the orc leader grabbed Alya by her hair, dragging her farther away from the dead body of the orc that stood before her. She screamed agonizingly as her hands gripped whatever hair strands she could take hold of. Her muffled voice didn't agitate the orcs, but the mere sight of their kin dead before then spurred them into wanting to kill her. The orc threw her backwards, her body ruffling into what felt like nothing to the maiden, as if she were slowly slipping into the darkness.

"What are you doing?" the leader relinquished his huge weapon from his back and turns to the other orcs who did not take their eyes off of Alya, their eyes reveling with distaste. "Kill the other she-elf," the leader pointed to Tauriel with his main weapon, now clasped within his hands.

The orc leader now turned back to the maiden, her face unable to grasp what was to come to the two of them, but she knew one thing, she could not allow Tauriel to die here. The orc then lifted the face of the maiden with the back side of his blade, her hair having no choice but to wisp to the side and have the maiden gaze at the beast before her.

"Tell me, do I still have use of you?" his eyes glimmered with whatever repulsive thought lingered in his mind. As Alya continued to pace her eyesight from the orc before her to Tauriel who was about to be killed before her, a trickle of blood began to seep passed her mouth, onto her lip and down her chin.

"Don't kill her," the maiden croaked with whatever words her crippled voice could muster at that very moment. "Don't kill her."

The orc chuckled as if the very words spouted from her mouth were like nothing he has ever heard before. He struck her once more to the head, her body flinging to the ground. The maiden's fingers crumpled the soil, her limbs having no more energy to even lift her fingers off of the ground. She could feel a mild migraine set place in the depths of her head, but tried to ignore it all the same. Her breathing intensified from her loss of knowledge what to do at that very moment, but she still had to try. Bringing one of her palms to her cheek where blood trickled from her new wound, tainted her frail skin that looked even paler every passing minute.

Alya peered to the orc spurred above her and shouted as loud as she could, "If you kill her, I will never tell you what you had wanted," her eyes glistened with whatever life she had left for this world.

"How do I know you are not lying?" the orc lowered himself slightly, his foul stench reaching the maiden and so in response, she pears away from his direction. "I thought you never got what we came for?"

"I knew what you wanted from ever since I could remember," the maiden took deep breathes as her throat swallowed whatever bewilderment was dislodged within her words. Before Alya could speak further, her eyes glared onto the orcs, her sense of strength almost rekindling bit by bit. "I just now have a reason to tell you." Slowly the maiden tried to stand, her knees buckling slightly from her loss of balance and power, but that would not stop her now. "So do not kill her."

"And you would tell me if I spare the she-elf?" the orc ridiculed the maiden as if she was untrustworthy as the next orc in tow.

"You have my word."

The leader of the orcs almost stood frozen in his state, not knowing if he wanted to beat the maiden 'till she could not spare another word or trust whatever she said, but either way, he knew he had to end this quickly. They were running out of time as it is. The leader roared menacingly to the orcs to back away from the she-elf who still crouched to the ground almost out of breath and barely moving.

With just one look all the orcs retreated slightly, the looks on their faces wanted to pounce and kill both Tauriel and the maiden with everything they can muster, but it was futile. The leader faced Alya and neared himself before her ot the point only a few inches separated them. Without hesitation, a raspy growl escapes his mouth making saliva taint the sullen face of the maiden, but she would not dare look up towards the beast before her.

Immediately the leader then moved to Tauriel who now looked up at what took place, her eyes wishing that none of this would happen, but it was not so. The leader grabbed Tauriel's neck bringing her to her feet wording, "Seems like you have a use for me after all." His voice scrutinized the very air they breathed until it was unbearable to breathe.

Relinquishing his hold on Tauriel as she fell to her feet, the maiden caught her with whatever endurance her hands could muster as their breathes drew in a difficult pace. Both exhausted and wounded, they did not know what was to come of them at that very moment, but they knew they would live to survive at least another day.

"Move out," the leader calls out as the orcs finally spread out into the open woods, but the leader and a few other orcs would not leave our side, their weapons drawn, ready to attack us anytime. All Tauriel and the maiden could do was walk and follow them before dusk was upon them and a new problem to overcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Message to Readers

Thank you to those who are still continuing to read this fanfic after so long! I'm so sorry with the delays in updates and for always putting this on hold, but I will try to at least upload one chapter a week, from now on. I would like to apologize ahead if my grammar for the upcoming updates won't be as spot on as I usually do. I don't have as much time to edit now, but I will make sure to update the story as I said. Please be patient with me and I hope y'all don't forget to vote and comment. I would definitely love to hear your thoughts and get to know each of my readers through your comments. Thank y'all again and God bless always! Stay safe!