Shifting

"Amara, it's time to leave." I hear my mom's voice. I get up from the bed. I almost packed everything. Only, I need to be ready. I decided to wear a plain sky blue sweat shirt and a white jeans with a pair of white shoes. "Amara, do you know what time it is now? We were suppose to leave early today." I again hear her screaming. "Coming", I replied. I really hate when she screams.

I hurry up and comb my hair, decided to keep it open, take my backpack and I'm ready to leave.

"What took you so long? You literally did nothing." She said. "Then what do you want me wear? Bikini? To someone unknown's house?" I replied laughing. "Okay, are you done with all your jokes. We need to leave honey. Thank God, Venice let you stay in her house. Or, where else would you stayed? You should thank her."

Venice is my mom's oldest friend. I took admission in Korea University. And my possessive mother don't want me to stay in the dorm. So, I'll be staying in Venice's house as she stays out of country and no one lives there.
I actually get very annoyed with such activities of my mom.

"Well, why do we need to be there early? No one lives there. We can just go easily and slowly." I said. "No, it's all about punctuality. Hurry up."

I took my backpack and I'm ready to go. Heading towards the car I can already see Harry there. Harry is my best friend and I kinda like him. He is a very sweet guy and also handsome. Those green eyes are my weakness. I think he likes me too. Well, you never know..

'Hey beautiful.' he said. He never let go any chance to compliment me. 'Hey Dumbo', I chuckled. 'Yeah whatever', he made a cute pout face. 'Fine dramaqueen, can we leave now', I said squeezing his cheeks. 'Get in the car', he said.

'Thank God you are here Harry. I don't know how I could have managed all this things without your help', my mom says. ' This girl is good for nothing. She just increases my work more.' she said. 'Its okay Ms. Lawrence. Don't worry. I'm here always at your service,' he said with a flirty tone. 'Okay, now stop flirting with my mom and let's go.' I said. 'Great'.

All my things are packed well. Venice's house is like a 3 hours drive from my home. I'm really excited for my new college. Will I be able to manage everything! I look outside the window and admire the nature's beauty. Soon, we reached the destination.

The house is very beautiful though it's not that big. It's actually the same like my house. The building is white and one storey. But it's still big for a single person. Theres quite a big grassy field outside the house, which I like a lot.

'Wow!' my mom is more excited than me. 'This is amazing. What a beautiful house. I should call Venice right now.' she leaves dialing her number. 'So?', Harry said. 'So what?' 'You are quite lucky girl! Such a nice and comfy place to stay. And you college is just like 20 minutes from here right?' he said. 'Yeah!' I sighed.

'I'll miss you', I said in sad tone. I don't have that much friends. And I almost spend every day with Harry. So, staying without him is like quite boring and I don't like it. 'Don't worry. I won't miss you a little bit', he said smiling. 'I know Dumbo'. And I hate you. He hugs me tightly.

'Okay, let's go inside and arrange everything',  my mom said walking towards us. We walk towards the house and my mom opens the door. It's quite clean inside, actually more than my bedroom. After 3-4 hours, the house is completely fine. My clothes are set. The kitchen is cleaned. The bathrooms are cleaned. Everything is well settled. And we are very tired.

'Lets eat dinner and we'll leave then. It's quite late, also we have to do a long journey.' my mom huffed. I am kinda sad when she said those words. I never lived alone. And this place is also very far from my mom's house. What will I do in this house alone! I kept quite. We all eat instant noodles which is the food I have to eat from now I guess. Because, I don't know how to cook that much. And also it's time saver.

'Okay then, we are ready to leave', my mom said. She hugged me tightly. And continuously kept lecturing on what to do and what to not. 'I'll wait in the car. Come soon Harry', my mom left.

' So... Bye bye.' Harry said holding my hands. 'I'll miss you girl'. 'Well, me too.' I said genuinely. ' Call me daily or I'll kill you'. I said in cold voice. ' I'll. Promise', he said. We hear car's horn. It's time to leave. He bid me goodbye and gave tight hug which I like the most. Soon they left.

And the journey starts. I don't know how to spend my leisure. That'll be quite boring. I'm 4 days early here before my class starts. It's good I think. At least I'll get to know the area and people around. There's a house next to mine. That's quite big and beautiful. The person living there is the lucky one I think.

I freshen up and ready to go the bed. I smell something very good. Maybe someone is making
Mozzarella cheese sticks. That's one of my favorites. The smell is so strong that I was about to ask the neighbors if anyone was making. But that doesn't suits you Amara. Go to sleep. Let people's stomach hurt. My self conscious hits me.

A:N: Hey guys!!! Here's the first chapter. Hope y'all like it. Share with your friends and vote the chapter. K, thanks, Bye!