What is Love?

The morning starts with Literature class. I love Mr. Dixon's class. I only attended his one class but I became a true of him. The way he explains is truly amazing.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we will be reading one of the famous novels of all time. Any guesses? Hint: It's a love story." Mr. Dixon said.

He looked at all of us. But no one have any idea.

"Well, okay! Before I tell you the name, let me ask you something!", He said. "What is love for you? What do you mean by love?"

No one said anything. Me and Melanie looked at each other and smiled as we sat together.

"You miss?", Mr. Dixon asked pointing me. Why always me? In school too. Everyone in the class used to raise their hands expect me and the teachers asked me only. "What do you mean by love?"

"Umm... Love?", I said. "Love is the most precious feeling. Love is considered to be a positive and negative: with its virtue representing human kindness compassion and affection, as 'the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another'; and its vice representing human moral flaw akin to vanity, selfishness, amoure-propre
and egotism as it potentially leads people into a type of mania, obsessiveness or codependency.

Love is complex. A mix of emotions, behaviors, and beliefs associated with strong feelings of affection, protectiveness, warmth, and respect for another person." I said without knowing what I am saying!

"Impressive!", Mr. Dixon said. "Very well!
Anyone else? You the boy last bench."

He pointed someone from the back and I turned back to see. It was Nino. What is he doing here? I didn't knew he is an English major too!

"Love is the most stupid and unwanted feeling a human body can ever feel.", He said and we all were shocked.

"Love is nothing but a distraction. You see someone, distracted by his or her attire or outer image and you get a part time attraction.  You spend some time, know him and that's it. You start finding mistakes. You start disliking. You start to find what you want to and when you don't, you leave. Love is like a video game. You like the game, play with it, lose it, again play it and done. It's a trash now.!", He said.

"Actually, no." I said looking at him. "Love is the most purest feeling only when you are truly in love. When you are truly in love, you want to keep him or her only to yourself. A kind of possessive attitude occurs in you. In love, people touch each other's soul, don't run after body." I said.

"Miss, all your imaginary things happen only in movies. Not In reality. In real, people find each other's mistakes more than good things. And at the end of the day, they end up fighting or bragging. Which destroys everything and people try to find someone new and the cycle continues." He said.

"That's how you think. When you love someone genuinely, you try to learn his or her mistakes and solve it together. You don't think that who's the greater in qualities and looks. Rather than, you find beauty in their disabilities. Not like a random person who just use other to solve his personal problems by fulfilling random physical desire and leave." I said and he shockingly looks at me.

"Well, well! That's alright! You see, just a simple topic. But different opinions." Mr. Dixon said and we all focused at his words.

The whole class was looking at both of us and don't know about him, but I felt a little bit awkward. I shouldn't have said the last line. It's so embarrassing.

"Class, we'll be reading ' The notebook' next day. Hope y'all be prepared. I'd love if you will read the summary. It'll help you. See you!", Mr. Dixon said and left the class.