Chapter 6

Win's POV

By the time my last class for the day ended, I felt mentally exhausted. And hungry.

I felt physically exhausted as well for some reason. I didn't have the energy to walk over to the mini plaza. I didn't want to walk any farther away from my dormitory.

I hadn't tried the dormitory cafeteria food yet ever since I had stayed at the dorm. Maybe I should check out what they serve there.

"Hey."

I turned around to see who was following me and trying to get my attention.

"Oh, hi," I said.

It was Ohm. He was my classmate in General Chemistry, which had been my second to the last subject for the day.

Ohm had taken the seat beside me and had introduced himself to me just before the lecturer entered the classroom.

"Where are you headed?" he asked, falling into step with me.

"Back to my dorm," I replied. "But I'm gonna stop by the cafeteria to see what they have to offer. I'm thinking of having an early dinner."

I noticed Ohm glancing at his watch.

"Why are you settling for cafeteria food when you can have better choices at the mini plaza or other restaurants outside the campus?" he asked.

"I'm too tired to walk anywhere farther away from my dorm," I replied.

"You don't have to walk anywhere," Ohm remarked, "I can take you in my car to any place you wanna go."

"You don't have to, but thanks for your offer," I said with a grateful smile.

He ignored my remark.

"Do you like Mexican food?" he asked.

"I have never tried it," I confessed.

"If you're adventurous enough, I will treat you to a Mexican restaurant not far from here. They serve really good food there. The place is called "Tia Sofia" and they serve homemade style food," he said.

"Don't stop to think," he said, grabbing my wrist, when he noticed my hesitation.

We walked to the parking lot and he led me to his bright red sports car. He pressed his key to unlock the doors and he motioned for me to get inside.

He waited until I was comfortably settled in the front seat and had buckled myself up before starting his engine. I felt him rev up his car and soon we were zooming out of the campus and into the city streets.

He was right about the restaurant not being too far from the university.

"Tia Sofia" was a small cozy unpretentious looking restaurant situated between a shop that sold car parts and accessories and an office supplies shop.

Ohm found a parking spot right outside the entrance of the restaurant. He opened the door and let me in first before walking inside. A uniformed waiter greeted us at the door.

"Your usual spot, sir?" the waiter asked Ohm.

"Sure, Carlos," Ohm replied, following him, and I followed suit.

The waiter led us to a corner table where we could see the street through the large glass wall. It was a table for two and there were utensils wrapped inside table napkins, ready for use. Carlos handed us a menu booklet each.

"What do you recommend?" I asked Ohm.

"I suggest that you try the burrito with minced meat filling," he said. "Just a warning, it's a little spicy, in case you can't tolerate spicy food."