Chapter 10

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Bright's POV

I stood still on the third to the last step of the stairs just outside the lobby of our dormitory building.

The student who had Win by the waist took a quick glance at me but Win did not even notice me because his head was bowed. He was wincing at every step that he took.

I decided to wait until they were both inside the lobby. Then I slowly made my way back up the stairs. I waited from afar for them to get into one of the two sets of elevators then made a run for the second one which had just arrived. I waited for the elevator doors to open . A dorm occupant stepped out of the elevator. I vaguely recognized his face. If I wasn't mistaken his room was on the same floor as mine.

 If I wasn't mistaken his room was on the same floor as mine

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who don't know him, his name is Toey Sittiwat, the actor who played opposite Ohm in Make It Right the series.

He gave me a friendly nod as he stepped out of the elevator and made his way to the lobby. I nodded back to acknowledge his silent greeting, then I slowly made my way to the corridor leading to my room.

I heard the door to my room closing shut. I waited for a few seconds, my heart beating real fast. Then I made a run for it. I turned the knob, pushed open the door and rushed in. The student was in the act of assisting Win to lie down on his bed.

He did not even have a chance to turn around to get a proper look at me. I lunged at him, grabbed his collar and threw him against the wall. His solid build made a loud thud against the wall, making the room reverberate with the sound.

"Bright! What the fuck!" Win sat upright on his bed yelling at me.

I let go of the student and turned to Win angrily.

"What do you mean what the fuck? Are you stupidly coming to the rescue of your assailant?"

"He is not an assailant, you dumbass!" I could tell that Win was fuming mad at me now.

Win held up his right foot that was wrapped with an ace bandage. I had failed to notice it earlier at the steps of the dormitory building. I had been so intent on watching his student companion helping him up the steps with his arm wound tightly around Win's waist.

"I sprained my ankle on my way out of his house so we had to go back in and he applied some tincture of arnica before wrapping it with an ace bandage," Win explained impatiently.

I wanted to ask him what he was doing at this student's house in the first place and overnight at that but I thought that this wasn't the time to interrogate him.

The assailant, or pardon me, the student who had kindly assisted him back to the dorm, had remained silent all this time.

I turned to face him. I held out my hand to him.

"I'm sorry for my outburst," I said in an apologetic tone. "I was wrong to jump to conclusion about you."

He politely accepted my proffered hand and asked, "Are you guys in a relationship?"

"Nooooo!" Win was the one who answered for me. 

I noticed that Win's face had a look of distaste on it as he sounded out his protest against the question.

For some reason Win's vigorous denial and the horrified look on his face sent a sharp pain tearing through my chest.

A/N: I apologize for such a brief chapter. I'm a bit under time constraint at this time. I promise to make it up in the next chapter.