Chapter 21

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Bright's POV

I knew it was very wrong of me to ask but I couldn't stop myself. I just needed to know.

With my arms still wrapped around Win, and with my heart in my throat, I asked him, "Have you ever given yourself to anyone?"

I was surprised when he countered with "Have you?"

"No," I answered truthfully. "And you?"

He looked away. Oh hell, no. Please dear god, no.

I removed my arms from around him and stepped back, my back painfully hitting the shower knob because the shower stall was not spacious enough for both of us.

"You gave yourself to Ohm," I stated dismally, making a move to step out of the shower.

I felt him grab my wrist.

"No, Bright, no, it wasn't Ohm!" he cried out.

"Who was it then?" as if I really wanted to know.

"Nobody you would know," he replied.

"Give me a name anyway," I said, already grabbing a towel and draping it around my waist.

I heard Win give out a heavy sigh.

"Someone named Sapol," he replied.

"How long were you together? Wait let me change the question. Are you still together?" I asked, my heart getting heavier and heavier by the second.

He did not answer. Instead he grabbed his own towel and wrapped it around his waist.

Was I about to get involved with a player. First, this Sapol guy, then Ohm. Was he going to make me his third lover? Or maybe even his fourth, or fifth, or......

I shook my head as I walked out of the bathroom and went to my dresser drawer to get a set of pajamas.

From my peripheral vision I saw him come out of the bathroom and go to his own dresser drawer to take out his own set of pajamas.

I debated on whether to pursue the topic or just leave him alone and forget what happened between us earlier, pretend it never happened, get on with our lives, basically back to square one, like it was our first day in the dorm when we were still just starting to get to know each other. Except I wasn't going to try to get to know him. In fact I was going to try to forget him.

Maybe Toey would be able to help me heal my wounded heart. Toey seemed to be a nice guy, kind and gentle. Yes, maybe Toey and I could become good friends and then later maybe even more than just good friends.

We both went about preparing ourselves for bed, going through our usual rituals with me letting him use the bathroom sink first to brush his teeth after which I did the same after he stepped out of the bathroom.

When I finished brushing my teeth and stepped out of the bathroom I saw that he was already lying in bed facing the wall, away from me. He had covered himself with his blanket all the way to his chin.

I had just switched off the light and had plunged our room into darkness when I heard him clearly say, "Sapol and I are no longer together."

A/N: The image above does not belong to me

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his  name is Sapol Assawamunkong. He is playing the role of police officer Inspector in the ongoing MaxTul BL series "Manner of Death".

Suddenly the name Sapol struck something in my memory.

On our first day at this dorm, Win had started to unpack his personal belongings and when he was in the middle of it, he had felt the need to go to the bathroom. At that time I had already finished unpacking because I had been there ahead of him. I had just been sitting on my bed tinkering with my cell phone.

I noticed a book that he had set down on his study table. It was a General Chemistry textbook with his name written on the top of the cover.

He seemed to have browsed through it already because I noticed a bookmark sticking from one of the pages.

Out of curiosity I stood up from my bed and walked over and opened the book to the page where the bookmark was, except it wasn't really a bookmark. It was a photograph. At the back of the photograph was the dedication, "Don't ever forget me, Sapol"