CHAPTER ONE

Ridhi Verma, stood upright with her hands on her waist looking at her life, her bundle of joy, her box filled with surprises, the only reason why she lives even now. She stood with a loving look on her face trying hard to resist the urge to wake her life up from her deep slumber, but the ticking clock reminded  her that the bus will be here in no time. 

"Kiara, wake up my sweat heart." Ridhi said, avoiding any resentment with her life early in the morning.

"Mumma, I am sleepy." her life, Kiara Verma mumbled. 

"Beta, your bus will be here in some time and if Kiara misses her bus then mumma will have to drop her and if mumma will have to drop her then mumma will get late for work and if mumma gets late for work then - " Ridhi went on until Kiara interrupted her by saying, "I am up mumma, now stop."

"I am up mumma now stop, this is what I am raising you for right so you can stop me, you wont get any hugs or kisses today." Ridhi said making a fake frown and turning towards the other side with her hands crossed. 

"Emotional drama." Kiara murmured. 

"Kya boli?" Ridhi asked turning and now her fake frown was transforming into a real one. 

"I meant if you wont give me kisses and hugs then I will give you." Kiara said and hugged Ridhi and kissed her on her cheek. 

"I am not settling for your sasta butter polish." Ridhi said in a determined tone to not get driven by Kiara's buttery words filled with extra sugar. 

"Offo Mumma, you want me to get expensive butter and polish the pan on which you are going to make my favorite butter toast?" Kiara asked cutely.

"What? I am not talking to you now." Ridhi said suppressing her urge to just hug her Kiara for her cuteness. 

"Why mumma? I am ready to go to the shop get butter and even polish it on the pan, now atleast make butter toast for me." Kiara said. 

"You think that is the matter?" Ridhi asked strictly. 

"I dont understand." Kiara said thoughtfully. 

"Tere iss chotte se dimaag mein sirf nutter toast hi jaaega chal uthh." Ridhi said getting up from the bed and Kiara followed. 

"Par mumma, butter toast toh pet mein jaata hain." Kiara said thinking deeply. 

"Mujhe toh nahi pata tha." Ridhi said. 

"What mumma? You should have become a doctor, not lawyer atleast yeh toh pata hota aapko ki butter toast pet mein jaata hain dimaag mein nahi." Kiara murmured and Ridhi laughed. 

"Okay my doctor, now lets get you ready?" Ridhi asked and picked Kiara up and got her ready for school and then quickly got ready herself. 

"So my champ is ready?" Another voice came from the hall as Kiara came out of her room in school uniform. 

"Yes Ali masi all ready." Kiara said and sat on the chair. 

"Good but call me just Ali, we are cool, now tell me aaj ka mausam kaisa hain?" Alisha Verma, Ridhi's dear sister and our very own Kiara's masi asked. 

"Aaj ka mausam jab uthi tab thanda, then hot and warm then cool again." Kiara said. 

"Mean morning hug ya kiss nahi mili." Alisha said and Kiara nodded.

"How many times do I tell you dont get Rids hyped up in the morning by your antics, she wont give you anything now." Alisha said and applied butter on the bread in her hand. 

"Hyped up" Whats that?" Kiara asked. 

"Kya baatein chal rahi hain mere bina?" Ridhi asked entering the hall ready for going to court.

"Nothing Rids." Alisha and Kiara said together and Kiara bit her tongue. 

"Masi's fault she said I should call you Rids, its cool." Kiara said showing a peace out sign. 

"Alisha ki bachi kya sikha rahi hain merinanhi si jaan ko?" Ridhi asked. 

"Peace Rids." Alisha said showing a peace out as well. 

"None of you will get a butter toast." Ridhi declared. 

"Dede na unhe kyun thak rahi hain aur thaka rahi hain?" Alisha asked and Kiara face palmed thinking Masi khud nahi banane degi aur mujhe toast nahi milega. 

"Who put butter on the bread? you, now you only toast it I am going bye." Ridhi said. 

"Arre mumma, make toast for me atleast." Kiara said. 

"You are in this with your masi." Ridhi said. 

"Who masi? I dont know any masi I know only Ali." Kiara said and Alisha burst out laughing and Ridhi nodded negatively and said, "Get your bag ready then you will get your butter toast and you Alisha Verma go get your bag ready for college and leave."

"My toast?" Alisha asked. 

"Its packed, you have to leave early, some bhoot told me that last night." Ridhi said. 

"Oh yaaa, I am going Rids, bye good day. All the best if you have any case bye." Alisha said running out of the house and the door opened the next second she went out and Alisha came in again and took her bag and went out again and Ridhi laughed at this. 

Ridhi made Kiara eat breakfast and Kiara went into her bus and Ridhi rushed to the court. 

"Your honor, this is an open and shut case, my client Kriti Ahuja was gang raped, and left into a drainage at one thirty in the night and I have submitted the medical reports and the doctor gave his statement and looking at Kriti's condition itself what happened was evident and I have submitted all proofs as well." Ridhi said in the court room. 

"Objection your honor." the opposition lawyer said. 

"Objection over ruled." the judge announced as he checked the proofs submitted. 

"Sir, my case in right in front of you, my client needs to be provided with justice, and the oppositions objections were cleared by the proofs given by me. Kriti could have lost her life and even now she is on the border line, battling for her life. I request you to punish the crime doers accordingly." Ridhi said and took a step back. 

"As per the evidences provided, Mr. Govind, Mr.Ahuja, Mr. Maloy are found guilty for raping Ms. Kriti Ahuja and under section 375 of Indian Penal Code, they are sentenced to life imprisonment, no legal bail will be allowed, and they have to pay a compensation of Rs. 10,00,00 each." the judge announced. 

"Court adjourned." The judge announced and all rose to let the judge leave. 

"Beta, thank you so much for providing justice to my daughter, Kriti, may god bless you." Kriti's mother said.

"No aunty, it was my duty, after Kriti is better, do send her to me, to my NGO, Feel Good, she will recover mentally and stand up strong if she comes there." Ridhi said. 

"You are very selfless my dear, may you continue helping girls like Kriti." Kriti's mother said.

"Thank you aunty." Ridhi said and left ignoring the glares of the opposition lawyer.

"Ma'am what do you have to say about winning the case?" one of the flock of reporters screamed out. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE - 

Hello!! I am back with a new book!!

I cant promise quick updates with this one, but since I had the idea in mind I thought of writing it out. 

THIS CHAPTER IS NOT EDITED SO PLEASE PARDON ALL THE ERRORS. 

Please vote and comment..

See you until next time..

ict_fanfics