CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

THE NEXT DAY - 

SHREYAS'S POV -

I will be leaving today night itself for Mumbai cause I need to report there day after tomorrow so I thought of checking Ridhi's schedule for today but she is really busy with her cases in the morning and she was tensed about even picking up Kiara on time and all so I offered her that I will pick Kiara up and all and she agreed so I am waiting outside her school. I know that if whenever we want to take our relationship at the next level I will have to become a father figure to Kiara, I know its going to be hard being someone who Kiara can run upto when in trouble or when her mom scolds her or even being someone who she would seek fatherly love from and I would be travelling a lot as well so I dont know how I will do it but I can try and thats what I am trying now. 

"Shreyas uncle?" Kiara asked coming towards me as they dispersed. 

"Hi Kiara." I said. 

"Where is mumma?" she asked. 

"She is busy today so I came to pick you up" I said. 

"Oh okay fine lets go." she said with a little frown, did she not like that I came?

"How -" I was going to ask her about her day but she went behind and sat down and she kept her bag on one side like a pillow and slept. 

Is she angry that I came to pick her up and not Ridhi?

No she might be just tired, let me not think too much about it. 

We reached at Ridhi's home, he had given me the keys so I got out and went to chack behind and Kiara looked tired, she had a frown because she had a busy day at school maybe, I thought of not waking her up looking at how soundly she was sleeping so I picked her up slowly and took her bag and we went up, as I reached up I made her sleep in the room. 

I was then busy talking to someone on a call and then Ridhi opened the door of the house. 

"Finally done with the cases, where is Kiara?" she asked me. 

"She is sleeping." I said. 

"She had lunch?" she asked. 

"No she looked tired so she slept." I said. 

"And you didnt wake her up also? I told you na that I kept the food in the fridge for her, she doesnt even eat properly in school, wait." Ridhi said and she rushed into the room and woke Kiara up. 

I feel like I didnt do anything right today, god knows how I will get close to Kiara  and be her dad. 

Kiara came out after changing and Ridhi made her sit on the dining table to have lunch and she got a work call so she went to the side for a second after keeping the food on the table, Kiara looked at Ridhi go and made faces looking at the food. 

"What happened?"  I asked Kiara.

"I am sleepy." she said.

"But you slept for one whole hour na." I said. 

"No one lets me sleep, I dont want to talk to you also." she said and got down the chair. 

"Kiara back on the chair and eat." Ridhi scolded. 

"Nahi." Kiara said.

"Nahi? Abhi school bag check karti hoon, ek bhi wrong answer aaya na then see, eat quietly." Ridhi scolded her and went inside to check her bag and Kiara went back and sat on the chair. 

"Kya hua bacha?" I asked her and I sat next to her. 

"Mujhe bhooh nahi lagi." she said. 

"Why but?" I asked her but she didnt reply.