Chapter 4: Stay with me

Justin's POV:

Connor parks the car and we both hop out, looking around.

"Where are they?, Connor groans.

I continue to look and I finally see them.

"Melissa!!," I scream, waving my arms in the air to catch her attention.

I see her look in my direction and smile. She grabs Val's hand, walking towards us.

Valerie looks weak as fuck right now. Looks like someone got their hands on her....

"Val?!," Connor calls from behind me, concerned.

I see something appear from the shade from the trees behind them. 

I pause, stopping in my tracks, making Connor confused so he stops, too. I narrow my eyes to get a good look at it, but then I realize it's not something, it's someone.

They're running after Melissa.

Shit. I already know who is it.

It's James.

"Shit," I shout.

I take out my gun and run towards them, Connor following me.

My heart beats faster and faster as my nerves go crazy.

I can't let him hurt Melissa again.

When we're halfway to them, James pushes Valerie down to the ground. He wraps his arm around Melissa's neck, causing her to struggle out his grip.

We get closer, and I see Connor run to help Valerie.

I point my gun at James and pull my trigger, shooting him in his shoulder.

He groans in pain, letting go of Melissa.

Her small, fragile figure runs to me in desperation and relief. I hold my arm out, her arms wrapping around me tight. I rub her back, bringing her closer to me.

"Justin," she sobs into my chest.

"Shh shh. I'm here baby girl," I coo.

I rest my chin on the top of her head, watching Connor carry Valerie bridal style.

"Hey Bieber!"

I look at James, who manages to get up, having his gun clenched in his hand.

"Melissa, go with Connor and Val."

"No, I wanna stay with you," she whimpers.

I look back at James, seeing him slowly walk towards me.

"C'mon baby girl. I'll be fine. Be safe with Connor for now."

She looks back and notices James, quickly nodding at me and running to catch up with Connor.

"Alright Bieber. We settle this now."

He drops his gun, confusing me.

"No guns..."

He pulls out his knife out his pocket.

"But, knife are acceptable," he finishes.

I chuckle and drop my gun, pulling out my knife before charging to him.

He forces his knife towards me, but I dodge it and knock him to the ground.

"You're fuckin' stupid."

I raise my fist in the air before forcing it's way to his face causing him to groan.

"Melissa doesn't love you."