like mother like daughter

Chapter 33

Rachels pov :

"Ms . Corcoran? " I said nervously . She turned to me , " yes? " she asked " my names Rachel berry. I'm your daughter..."

We sat down in the empty auditorium I sat two rows behind her . " how did you find me? " she asked . " I found your letter in my dads room . " I told her . " how are they? " she asked . I put my head down for a moment , " they died 3 months ago in a car crash . " I said sadly . She looked at me in a  simpathetic way . " I'm so sorry . My mother died when I was young of cancer. " she told me . " I'm sorry . " I said . " how old are you? " she asked " 16. " I said " thats a wonderful age . " she told me . " you know I feel like I should feel happy about you right now its not what I pictured. " I said " what did you picture? " she asked " that I be in a park somewhere and I bump into you and it would all just click. "  "you would run into my arms crying and I hold you tight and tell  you I love you. " she said " yeah something like that . " I responded.  "Rachel I want to get to know you but only if you want me too. " she said " I want too. " I told her " what do say we have coffee sometime ? " I asked . She smiled slightly, " I would like that. " "I should go. " I said and slowly got up . " wait!" She said . I turned around and she hand me a peice of paper , "if you ever want to talk just call me . " she told me smiling . " thank you Shelby.  " I said smiling slightly. " no problem rachel. " she said and then walked away .

I opened the door to Finns car and sat down and put  my seat belt on . " so how did it go ? " he asked . I was silent for a moment , " thank you. " I said " for what ? " he asked " for taking me here. " I said smiling . " your welcome . " he told me and we drove home .