Chapter 6 - Sickening

A/N - Hello readers! The new cover should be posted later today! <3

Edd's POV:

Lucas just had to shoot the guy on patrol! We were all told that every single Reddie has a pulse tracker in their left arm. An unidentified non-Red Army fatal bullet wound triggers the security to go off! I think as Terra is ripping him a new one and hastily shooting Reddies.

          "Gold!" I hear Ryder call out, "What did you say about the Red Leader again?" Ryder tackles a soldier wearing an armband, knocking him out with the brunt of his laser gun. A small stream flows from his forehead. Yikes! I shoot a soldier in the shoulder and she collapsed on her back wailing in pain. Terra shot her between the eyes. 
          "I told you that he was a childhood friend that went insane and is known for being obsessive to the point of it being disturbing".
          "Right! From Red Diamond's intel, this guy should know what we really need...The armband has a triangle on it with blue colouring inside of it. That means he is a tier one commander". 
          "Oh, that makes sense. Who is this Red Diamond anyways?" I stare as we hide in a storage closet with the rest of our group guarding the door.
          "Red Diamond is a special friend that you will meet very soon, Carlos toss me an ammonia stick! I want this guy to be conscious stat!" Ryder shouts with hustling footsteps going down the hallway. A scouting team to locate us I presume... Ryder is tossed an ammonia stick and he removes the foil covering and carelessly tossed the foil on the floor. 

*Crack!* The ammonia stick is craked through the center and Ryder wafts it under this guy's nose. He stirs as we pin him to the ground a body on his legs and a zap strap on his wrists. 
           "Augh...My head..." The soldier groans in pain and then starts to thrash around in a sudden panic, realizing that he is in trouble. 
           "I want your code Reddie!"*SLAP!* Ryder slaps him across the face, leaving a firm red mark on his face. This soldier does not look older than twenty-one and he looks afraid.
           "Wha-why? Would I tell you that?" He makes a puzzled look, the fear still lingering on his face. 
          "We are here to rescue two innocent people and we need your code kid, so cough it up!" Ryder glowers at him. Banging has begun to start on the door and it seems like this door will not hold up for long... Ryder's face shifts to impatience and a sly grin crept on his face.
          "We don't have much time, so why don't we strike a quick deal? Hm?" The door looks like it is going to break by the next two three minutes or so. This guy thinks for a second and nods,
          "I was captured by some other soldiers about two years ago when Poland was blown up by his bombers and giant red robots!" His face shifts to sadness.
          "For your code, we can free you from this hellhole? Or we shoot you and use a memory copier? How does that sound?" He once again pauses and then speaks up in a confident tone.
          "I'd like to be free! I hate being bossed around by Red's goons!" Lucas cuts the bondages off and frees him.
          "Good choice, now tell me," Ryder leans in to hear the code.
          "Thank you, your use has come to an end...Fight for freedom!" Ryder rejoices and gets off him.

The door finally breaks and a collection of Reddies are primed and ready to shoot. I can see a slightly recognizable face in the crowd...Chicken wings hair bangs an impeccably pressed uniform and wearing an armband. 
          "Fire..." The chicken wing hair guy speaks in a dry tone with his gun pointed at us. A barrage of laser and bullet fire rains over us.
          "Take cover!" Lucas shouts while projecting a laser shield over us.
          "How are we going to get out of this?" I shout as I load my gun and fire another round.
          "FREEDOM AND DOWN WITH THE RED LEADER!" The emancipated soldier declares and triggers a mass of grenades on his body. Holy shit! Is he using himself as an explosive battering ram?! *BOOM!* He explodes right through the blockade of Reddies.