Chapter 32 - Along For The Ryde

A/N - Guess who is not dead?! This bitch...Once again sorry for such a long hiatus. I had to deal with some serious academic and social problems which meant that I needed to take a break from the keyboard...I should be posting more frequently nowadays!

Tom's POV:

I was sitting on the throne beside Tord's and his helmet was on concealing his face completely, except for his eyes, which he never looked at me once. We are facing a crowd of media and cameras and Tord stands up. He calmly marches to the podium and his voice sounded off...Too off. A distant thundering sound echoes through the mostly silent room. I look up at the high windows as the rain is pelting against the glass panes. Tord continues to tell his speech and I stare at him with a worried look as he is not standing in his usual formal posture. His stance is off-centre and he is moving his hands more frequently, instead of gripping the edges of the podium or nestled behind his back giving me hand signs. That's not my Tord? In a shaky stance, I stand up and approach Tord who is giving a speech about killing someone. 

       "Tord?" I grip his left shoulder and Tord turns around to face me. His face is obscured by an orange face shield that had narrow red tinted eye slats to show those cruel eyes of Ryder Hyde. 
        "Hyde! How the hell did you get here and take my lovers' place on the throne?!" I hiss at him while I crouch like a wild animal to maul him to death. 

        "You will never escape me, no matter how hard you try to bury the things I put up here!" He slaps me across the face as I fall backwards into the floor. The ground rips apart as he dives for me and everyone in the crowd melts into muddled and fused screaming sounds. The only thing that followed us was the rain and distant thunder. 
         "I ascended over you, Thomas...I will always win and be a part of you that you cannot get rid of until the deed is done!" Hyde laughs wildly as I claw at him with my human hands, hoping my monster powers could aid me. Hyde notices this as the world becomes nothing but an endless void of rain and thunder. 
        "You noticed that Lyssa is unable to assist you right now?" Hyde taunts me while I continue to try and kill Hyde. 

        "NEVER! I WILL SUBMIT TO YOU! FUCKTARD!" I scream at him and remove his helmet from the struggle. Hyde has that look that makes me shiver from fear. Hyde has Tord's body with his face instead...
        "Protocol TORD will be completed! WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!" Hyde takes his electrified whip out and wraps my neck with it. I struggle even more and try to break free. Wait, this is Tord's body, with Hyde's face. I know all of his weak points. So I go for his neck and squeeze as he tightens his whip. 

         "AH~!" Hyde moans as I grip even tighter. 
        "You may have Tord's face and body, but I know all of the places he goes crazy for!" I sneer as Hyde loosens his whip to let me breathe. 
        "Hngh~! Y-you li-little fu-fucker!" Hyde struggles out as I dig my nails into his neck, drawing blood. We eventually land on a floor that is cold. Too cold. I let go as we both sit up and get ready for another round. I then notice this room. 
        "I've been here...This is Tord's and my bedroom with inverted colours!"  I glance over my shoulder to see the pills in normal colour. 
        "This time you will not escape!" Hyde lunges at me as I pop the pill bottle open. 
        "I should not be afraid of the dark anymore! I am Thomas Thompson! The Blue Leader, second in command to the glorious Red Leader! His fiance, his true love!"  I down three pills and as Hyde touches me, he disappears and the room becomes back to normal, with the familiar hues of reds and black. 
          "It's over Hyde..." I limp over to Tord's silent side and clutch him tightly...Sobbing again.

Three Days Later

         "Augh...Hodet mitt...Hva faen?" I hear from the bedroom and stop practising my bass. Putting it away beside Tord's violin, I step into the room where Tord is ripping off his medical support and continued swearing in Norwegian. I close the door behind me and Tord immediately swivels his head in my direction. His face lights up with excitement and calmness from seeing me.