Part 11

For avianexperinent01, the first person to vote for my story. Thank you so much.

=========,

The warmth of the sun hit your face making you wake up. Yawning you opened your eyes. You flinched as the sunlight went into your eyes. Closing them quickly you cursed yourself for forgetting to close the curtains.

Just as you were about to drift back off to sleep your pillow moved. Eyes that were now not bothered about the blinding sunlight were wide as they looked at the 'pillow'.

Which happened to be Charles.

You quickly shut you eyes again praying he hadn't seen you were awake. After waiting for a few moments you took a peek at him. Seeing he was still sleeping you continued to look at him.

He seemed peaceful. Not that he wasn't when he was awake but he looked like he had a lot on his mind sometimes.

Charles, you thought. It was such a gentlemanly and formal name. It sounded nice, even a bit sexy, but still it sounded a bit too upper class-ish. Charlie. Now that sounded a lot more carefree. He would make a cute Charlie, you thought, he's got that look.

"You know I can hear you right?" said the sleeping man. You felt a blush spread across your cheeks as he cracked open an eye.

"A cute Charlie eh?" he said grinning.

You shrugged which was a slightly difficult matter since his arm was on your shoulder.

"Just a thought." you said nonchalantly.

He grinned wickedly at you. "Try it then."

"What?" you asked sleepily.

"Call me Charlie. I'll see if I like it." he said.

"Thanks for being my friend Charlie." you thought. He smiled at you which you returned.

"My pleasure." you heard his voice in your head. "I like it. Sounds casual. You can call me Charlie if you want,  we just can't ever let Raven know. If she finds out I would never hear the end of it."

"Sure." you answered. He was now looking at you with a huge smile plastered on his face. "What?" you asked him.

"You trust me. Us having this mental discussion right now is the proof."

"Of course I trust you. If I didn't trust you, you think I would have spent the night with you in your room?" you asked, this time out loud.

Somehow all of the sudden you locked eyes. Your multicolored ones delving into the abyss of his blue ones. How long you were gazing like that you couldn't tell.

Suddenly the door flew open nearly making you jump out of your skin.

"Charles!" Raven cried. "Kate's missing!" Her eyeballs nearly popped out at the sight before her eyes. Erik appeared behind her, his mouth slightly agape at your flushed faces.

"Well what do we have here?" Raven smirked, hands on hips.

"It- It's not what it looks like." Charles stammered out, making you want to facepalm at how suspicious you now both looked. Though you had to hold in a giggled at the sight of his bright pink face.

To your surprise Erik came to your rescue. "They are both still wearing clothes and they're not under the covers. So clearly nothing happened."

Raven however was still smirking evilly. "Yes, clearly." she said. "Come on lovebirds. Out of bed. "

You felt your face heat up more. Charles on the other hand was blushing so much he looked like a tomato.

You teleported over to Raven, not wanting it to be even more embarrassing that you would have to get off Charles. She gave a small yelp when you suddenly appeared out of thin air.

"Charles, we have a plane that goes to Russia in an hour that we have to catch." Erik said. You looked at him. He looked awfully stiff since he'd entered the room. But then again seeing your friend with a woman-

"Let's go." Raven interrupted your thoughts. "Everyone's having breakfast."

"Okay." you then proceeded to head for the door. Before leaving, you let down your mind barrier for Charles to hear your thoughts.

"I'll see you around Charlie." you thought.

"You too Kate." he answered before you shut the door.

You smiled to yourself as you and Raven headed to breakfast.

=========

Date - Wednesday, 25 June, 2020
Time - 1:23a.m.
Word count - 802

I had a bit of writers block last night. I knew how the scene was but I just didn't know how to do the waking up bit into words.

Also the way that Kate makes portals is like Number Five from The Umbrella Academy. Except her's has a slight blue purple tint to it. Also instead of pushing open a portal it kind-of envelopes over her and blue sparks like electricity are left behind.

If you haven't watched it, it's pretty good and I'm sure there's YouTube clips of Five doing his thing.

Your tired writer

C. Riverbend