Ch. 2 | Someone to Stay

"You were alone left out in the cold
Clinging to the ruin of your broken home
Too lost and hurting to carry your load
We all need someone to hold
You've been fighting the memory all on your own
Nothing washes, nothing grows
I know how it feels being by yourself in the rain
We all need someone to stay
Hear you falling and lonely, cry out
Will you fix me up? Will you show me hope?
The end of the day, I'm helpless
We all need someone to stay

Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Someone to Stay

********

"The scavenger girl resisted you ?"

The large and intimidating holo of Supreme Leader Snoke asked Kylo Ren incredulously. The annoyance and disbelief in his tone was evident.

"That's all she is, a scavenger from inconsequential Jakku. She's untrained in the Force and stronger than she knows," Kylo said, maskless. He did his best to act neutral, as if nothing substantial happened between you and him. He wasn't sure what Snoke would do to him if he found out not only did you kiss him, but he kissed you back. Nothing good would come from Snoke knowing about the conflicting emotions you had stirred in him since the moment you opened your mouth.

Snoke paused and stared down at Kylo intensely, scrutinizing him. He did his best to hide his nervousness as Snoke studied him but deep down he knew, Snoke was suspicious.

"You have compassion for her." Snoke said as a statement, not a question.

"No- never. Compassion? For an enemy of the First Order?"

"It's not her strength that's caused you to fail, it's your weakness." The comment hurt, but Kylo made sure his features were schooled enough to hide that.

Before he could defend himself, General Hux entered the room to place the blame on their inability to obtain the droid and the map on Kylo.

"General, prepare the weapon. Destroy the Ileenium system. Show the Resistance the power we have," Snoke replied after hearing Hux's report.

Hux knew a dismissal when he heard one. He turned his back on Snoke, smirked at Kylo, and left the assembly chamber.

When Kylo was sure Snoke's attention was back on him, he spoke.

"Supreme Leader, I can get the map from the girl but I need your guidance."

Snoke leaned forward until he was looming over Kylo.

"It appears that a reminder is in order. So I will show you the power of the dark side. Bring the girl to me."

*********

The moment the door slides shut behind Kylo, you start struggling against your shackles, hoping to free yourself. Realistically you know that isn't going to happen but you can't just sit there and wait for him to come back. He might not even come back. He might send someone else to do god knows what. You lean your head back against the chair and take a couple of deep breaths to compose your thoughts. Your mind wanders to the book and what happened while Kira was in the chair.

A few minutes pass and the door slides open once more. A single stormtrooper enters the room. He says nothing as he stands next to the door, gun in hand, staring straight ahead. At least you think he's staring straight ahead. You can't really tell with the helmet on.

In the book, Kira used the force to mind trick a stormtrooper into leaving her his weapon and removing her restraints. That sounds doable except you have no idea how to use the Force or the mind trick.