Ch. 6 | Worst In Me

Is there nothing left to keep myself awake?
To keep my walls from caving in?
When all they ever do is try to bend and break?
Is there nothing left to keep myself awake?
To keep the walls from caving in
When all they ever do is try to bend and break?
Is there forgiveness in the end?
It seems no matter where I look, it's always gone
With you, I know I'll never win
And it's hard to say where it went so wrong
And failed me in the end
I need relief, a failure's coming on
Just breathe in deep, it's taking far too long
I need relief, this weakness carries on
Please, be a dream, or was it all along?
It's better when you're with me, but that's better left unsaid
It's better when I'm empty, but I still let you in
I had you in my grip, but you're starting to slip
Bring out the worst in me
Please, won't you stay for me, don't ever let me be
You set my demons free

Bad Omens - Worst In Me

*******

Afraid of falling asleep again, you lower the Falcon's ramp with the intention of wandering around outside a bit, hoping the heat and the sun will wake you up.

"Where's Chewie?" You haven't seen the Wookie in a while and you doubt he's asleep. You have a feeling Wookie's aren't quiet sleepers. He's more than likely no longer on the Falcon.

"He took my speeder to Mos Eisley's. Something about a part for the Falcon while we're here. He won't be gone long."

You give him a quick nod before exiting the ship. Luke doesn't say anything but he follows behind you, observing. It's not creepy, per say, but it's a little bit uncomfortable having someone follow you around and just...stare.

"Luke, we don't know each other. I have mixed feelings about you now that I know what happened between you and Ben. You've been nice to me so far so no hard feelings. That being said, if you're going to follow me around I'm going to need you to talk or something because you lurking behind me and silently staring is creeping me out."

"You're strong in the Force. Strong but untrained," Luke says while meeting your eyes as if he'd be able to figure out your life story by reading your face alone.

You stop at the end of the ramp and use your hand as a visor to protect your eyes from the twin suns as you glance around at the nothingness surrounding you. Nothing but sand as far as the eye can see.

"Yes, we established this. I'm not from...here... so to speak. What I know about the Force was told to me by my father who, at the time, I thought was making things up to entertain me. Had I known he wasn't completely crazy I would have paid more attention."

You're slowly pacing and kicking random tufts of sand around with your boots while you talk to Luke. The heat from the sun is uncomfortable and exactly what you need to wake you up.

"Speaking of your father, I have something for you," Luke says as he reaches into his robes.

Your head snaps in his direction instantly. A gift from Obi-Wan? To your understanding he's been dead for decades here. How could Luke possibly have something specifically for you?

"For me?" you ask meekly, almost as if you're a kid again.

Luke doesn't respond but pulls out something wrapped in brown leather. With a small smile he hands it over to you. Swallowing thickly, you take it from Luke and untie the small knot holding the leather around the item.