Ch. 10 | I Caught Fire

So kiss me like you did
My heart stopped beating
Such a softer sin
Never caught my breath
Every second I'm without you I'm a mess
Just stay with me now
I'm melting in your eyes
I lost my place
Could stay a while
And I'm melting in your eyes
Like my first time that I caught fire
Just stay with me lay with me
Let's sleep till the sun burns out

The Used - I Caught Fire

*******

Ben paces outside the bathroom door, unsure how long he should wait to go back in. Did you genuinely want him to take a bath with you or were you just teasing him? You seem to highly enjoy making him flustered. Did you want him to actually help you bathe? Is he supposed to...lather you and- No he can't think about that. He's already too worked up. He's one lewd thought away from unzipping his pants and taking himself in hand to relieve some tension.

To take his mind off of the erection that threatens to spontaneously appear, he grabs the soup and sweat soaked bedding off of your bed and tosses them into the corner of the room. He has no idea where to get clean linens and he has no intention of asking anyone for help, not that they'd help him anyways.

A small noise outside of the door to your quarters reminds Ben that Luke is standing guard at the door. Would he leave his post to find that for him if it's for you? Does he even want to talk to his uncle, much less ask for anything? Engaging him would open himself to unwanted conversation. Asking him for help would be even worse but he can't think of any other option. Sighing, he walks over to the door, and slides it open.

True to his word, Luke is sitting to the right of the door in a chair he seems to have suddenly acquired, with his eyes closed, meditating. Ben crosses his arms over his chest and prepares himself for what he's about to do: engage his uncle in conversation and ask him for help. It almost causes him physical pain to speak the words.

"What does she need?" Luke asks without opening his eyes.

"What?" Ben asks, confused and caught off guard.

"She must need something. There's no other reason you'd come out here to talk to me willingly. Since you can't and won't leave her, it's easy to assume she needs something you can't get on your own. What is it?"

Ben frowns and tenses his jaw with irritation.

"She needs new bedding. She's been sweating the fever out and she says she feels "gross." She's bathing right now and probably..." Ben trails off when the corner of Luke's mouth slightly twitches upward in a poor attempt at holding back a smirk. Now is not the time to be teased about you. You tease him enough already.

"I trust you won't be leaving this room, correct?"

"Where else would I go?" Ben asks, annoyed.

Luke nods, gets to his feet, and walks down the hallway.

Ben re-enters your quarters and hesitantly approaches the bathroom door. Pressing his ear against it, he listens for any sign you may be in the tub and hopefully somewhat covered. He gently knocks when he hears slight splashing.

"You can come in. All the fun parts are covered." 

Ben had poured enough soap into the tub to have it nearly overflowing with bubbles. You're not sure whether or not he did it for his sake, to keep you covered, or because he genuinely had no idea how much soap to use.