Friends

We got through a thick steel door and it led us to a red lit room with metal gridded sprawl stairs. The sound of footsteps becomes prominent as we are led down them.

Everyone's faces had confusion and worry etched onto their faces like scars. We heard loud voices and shouts and what sounds like a lot of life.

We then came to an opening at the end of the corridor and saw light and loads of dauntless members. They were fighting playfully, chatting, dancing all sorts.

"This is the Pit. Centre of life here at Dauntless" Four said. I watched the people with a grin on my face. One day that's going to be me. I am going to be free from my father once and for all.

We are then shown the dorms. It was a room with about 10 and there were 13 of us. They already knew that some of us weren't going to make it here.

"You are going to be sleeping here for the next 10 weeks" it doesn't seem too bad.

"Girls or boys?" A guy named Al said.that really wasn't a thought that went through my mind but now that he has said it. I'm wondering.

"Both" there were a few whistles and groans. I just stayed quiet. We then moved a little bit further and it was the bathroom.

"If you like this you're gonna love the bathroom" he smirked. We walked forward and it was an open room with toilets lined up against the wall. No cubicles and dirty toilet paper. The showers were out in the open too. Candor would love this. Everything out in the open.

"You should feel right at home Candor. Everything out in the open" it's like he read my mind. I tried to hide my smile but I wasn't working.

Four walked past and bumped my shoulder and told us to change. I was a little bit hesitant as I didn't want everyone seeing my scars.

I got changed and used my dress as I cover for my back. There was a girl, abnegation called tris. She was trying to keep herself covered because obviously she is an abnegation.

"Nice legs Stiff!" Peter said. He is an arrogant little shit.

"Shut Peter. Go try and get into someone else's pants" I snapped back and held out my jacket to cover her.

She smiled at me as a thank you and then once she had finished I quickly finished getting changed. I was now wearing a skin tight long sleeved T-shirt and some tight black pants with combat boots. We all had these badass jackets that had red striped on the neck.

We then walked through another corridor. Honestly I'm convinced I'm going to get lost at some point. There was a huge container that had fire in it and we had to chuck our old faction clothes in. I didn't hesitate to do this. I don't even want to talk about my old faction.

We then walked into another loud room and it was the cafeteria. There were thousands of members just looking at us. Everyone else had sat down and I saw the last place was on the same table as tris, Chris, al and will but further down. I also noticed that Four is sitting there too.

I started to eat whilst listening to the argument they were having about each faction. It was quite amusing actually. I just sat on my own as usual.

"I don't want to bear about your old factions. Your Dauntless now" I then heard Tris pipe up. And I could feel the tension from down the table.

"Were you a transfer too or dauntless born?" Four looked at her as if to say are you joking.

"Are you kidding?" She shook her head. "What makes you think you can talk to me?" Then he looks at me. I instantly look away. He makes me nervous in a way.

"Must be because you're so approachable" I literally spat my drink out and had to stop myself from choking.

He just ignores her and then someone comes over to talk to four. I then just go off into my own world and start thinking and thinking is dangerous.

An alarm sounds and then everyone starts to bang their cups against the tables and it snaps me out of my space. I'm super confused at this point.

A guy on a balcony, who I overheard is called Max and he is the main leader of dauntless shouts at us.

"Initiates! Stand!" We all stand up and wait for him to continue.

"You have chosen to join the warrior faction. Tasked with the defence of this city and all its inhabitants. We believe in ordinary acts of bravery and the courage that drives one person to stand up for another. Respect that. Do us proud."

Everyone claps and then the dauntless members lift us up and we all crowd surf to the dorms.

Once we get in the dorms, everyone else gets changed into comfy clothes. I get changed into something I can wear tomorrow but also something I can sleep in.

"Hey Eden right?" I looked and it was Tris and Chris.

"Yeah. Tris and Chris"

"We just- we have seen that you haven't really mingled with anyone yet" Tris said.

"And we were wondering if you wanted to be friends with us" I hesitated for a moment because I have no idea what it's like.

"Sure. Thanks" they smiled and went to get into bed. I laid in bed staring at the ceiling just thinking about how much has happened today.

I can hear muffled crying and I just tried to ignore it and get some sleep because I know for a fact that we are going to need it tomorrow.