Choosing Ceremony

After another few hits from my father, me and him are now on our way to the choosing ceremony. I still have no idea what to choose. He knows that I'm going to leave him an she hates the idea hense the session this morning.

We are walking with everyone else in every faction. You could feel the tension of everyone's nervousness.

We stood in our lines of factions waiting for us to go and sit down. We all sit in our original factions. Dauntless, Candor, Erudite, Amity and then Abnegation.

Jeanine Matthews starts talking and I'm just tuning her out as I'm thinking about my choice. My father has a really tight grip on my wrist probably bruising it but that's not any of my problems at the moment.

I hear everyone say 'faction before blood' and then I know it's about to start. I'm Eden so I will be one of the last ones. I hear name after name being called up and time is not on my side as I hear Marcus Eaton say my name.

I slowly walk up. Still thinking until the last second. Marcus gives me the knife and I slowly cut my hand and hold it over amity, my heartbeat in my ears but at the last second I put my hand over........

"Dauntless!" Marcus shouts. I hear cheers and I head over to the dauntless where they welcome me gladly. I smile. I feel free almost.

The ceremony ends and dauntless are the first to leave the hall. As we walk out I look over to my dad and see the anger in his eyes. I smirk and wave sarcastically.

They start to run down the stairs. The initiates running behind slightly. I run at full speed and end up at the front with the dauntless borns.

They get to the train tracks and start climbing. I'm climbing as quick as I can. I have about a moment at the top and see the train but it isn't slowing down. I already know that we have to jump on. Of course initiation would start straight away.

I smile so big and already start to run. I look at the door and jump on slamming my hand on the button to open the door and jump on. I help a few people and then I sit on the floor and breath for a second.

We are standing on the train for about 5 minutes before a dauntless member shouts "get ready!" I look out of the door to see them jumping onto a roof. I grin.

I immediately jump off and land on my feet. Years of jumping out of trees has helped me tremendously.

Initiates are falling laughing, sighing of relief all sorts. I just laugh and smile. I hear a voice. Quite intimidating to shout us over.

"Alright! Listen up! I'm Eric, one of the dauntless leaders. If you want to enter dauntless this is the way in. And if you don't have the guts to jump then you don't belong in dauntless"

"Initiates have an honour to go first" no one says anything they just look at each or the floor.

I step forward and walk straight to the ledge. I look at Eric and he seems amused. I smirk

"Really?! A hippy? Come on dauntless you are making us look bad"

I don't even look, I just jump and flip in the air. I let out a scream of enjoyment and then I finally hit a net. I sigh and laugh a little. I lay there for about a second and let myself come to my surroundings.

The net starts to lean and I roll to the side. I see hands and a face. I look closely and see a tall, tan guy with piercing blue eyes. He helps me out of the net and sets me on the floor.

"What? You get pushed?" He looked slightly confused.

"Nope" I said popping the p.

"What's your name?" I hesitated for a second. I got lost in his eyes.

"Eden" he smiled slightly.

"First jumper: Eden!" The dauntless audience that I didn't realise were there shouted and cheered.

"Welcome to dauntless!" He said and winked. I smile at him and walk over to the group and watched everyone jump into the net.

Once everyone had jumped we all stood in front of the guy that helped us out of the net and waited for instructions.

"Dauntless born goes with Lauren. Transfers stay with me. Go!" I heard someone chuckle.

"Most of the time I work in intelligence but during your training I will be your instructor. My name's four"

"What ? Like the number?" A girl chuckled.

"Exactly like the number" he smirked.

"What 1 through 3 were taken?" She laughed. Four chuckled and made his way over to her.

"What's your name?"

"Christina"

"Well.... Christina. If I wanted to hear smart ass comments I would have joined their faction. Now the first lesson you will learn from me is keep your mouth shut"

He walked away and turned around slightly to look over his shoulder. "Follow me"