Visiting Day

We kind of had a day off today. It was visiting day today so we could see our family for the last time before becoming factionless or dauntless.

Everyone was in the pit. Smiles and laughs were spread everywhere. I was sitting in the corner just watching everyone. I saw four walk in and just watch to make sure everything was alright. We exchanged looks and smiled slightly at each other.

I looked down and then back up and saw the last person I wanted to see at this point. We made eye contact straight away so there was no way I could get away.

He walked up to me and I stood up ready for it. He put on this fake smile but I can see right through it.

"Hey sweetheart how are you?" I just stood there emotionless. He went to hug me and I stepped back. I could see a flash of anger go past his eyes. He lunged forward to hug me again but I grabbed his arms and twisted them behind him.

"You don't have control over me anymore" I whispered in his ear. I let go and he was fuming I could tell. He stepped closer to me and grabbed my wrists tight.

"You are a worthless piece of shit. You will become factionless in a heartbeat. You don't belong anywhere but the trash" he threw my hands and walked away.

"Eden!" I looked up and saw Tris waving me over to her family. Automatically I put on this face and walked over.

"Eden this is my family. My mum Natalie and my dad Andrew" I shook both their hands. I smiled at the both of them.

"So lovely to meet you"

"You too sweetie. Where is your family?" Obviously not knowing anything.

"They couldn't make it today" we carried on talking for ages. I excused myself and made my way to the chasm. Where I found a secret little hide out so I can collect my thoughts.

Fours POV -
I'm watching over all the initiates for visiting day. I could see smiles and laughs everywhere. I don't understand what it's like having parents coming to see me so I can't relate.

I see Eden sitting in the corner just watching everyone. We made eye contact for a split second and we exchanged a smile.

I saw a man walk over to her. She didn't seem very pleased. I tried to watch closely but a dauntless member came and stood right in front of me. All i saw was the man leaning in and grabbing her wrists.

When he walked away I could see that something wasn't right. I was about to go and see if she was ok but she got called over.

She acted like nothing had happened but I know for a fact that something did. I know that feeling. All too well.

Eden's POV -
I was probably sat in the chasm for about an hour before deciding to go and get some extra training in.

I have been working so hard to try and stay above the line. I refuse to look at the leaderboard.

I jog to the training room and immediately start doing laps. I did about 37 before starting on my combat skills and knife skills.

"Your weak" I hear all of a sudden. I nod.

"Good to know" I said as I kept punching the punching bag. I felt hands yank me gently into a position that felt weird at first.

"Keep the tension here. It will help with the power of your punches" four stated. He watched me for a while and helped me with a few other things to help me improve.

"Was everything alright? Back in the pit?" He asked not looking me in the eye. I froze. I was hoping no one saw he couldn't know that my father is a monster. He will think I am even more weak than I already am.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You didn't look ok. I know that look from anywhere trust me" he said walking away. I stood there dumbfounded. What did he mean he knows that look anywhere? Can he relate? No of course he can't. I am so lost.