Chapter 41: Exposed secrets

"Oh my god, I definitely needed this," Yuanjun groaned as he plopped down on the blanket spread out in their garden, and laid flat down on his back, "I can't remember when the last time was that I felt this relaxed."

The others who had already been in the garden or who had followed after him, groaned and mumbled in agreement as they also plopped down on the spread out blankets.

As usual, the Wang household had been baptized as their 'safe' hangout spot, and the whole gang, including Haeryoung, had gathered to slightly celebrate the end of the exams week and to chill after all the stress. The Wang parents, as usual, had been ready to leave the house to the teenagers and left for a date night.

"Min scootch over a bit," Sol wanted to plow down next to Min when suddenly a hand grabbed her arm and pulled her to another blanket, "What the-?"

She wasn't very surprised to see that the hand belonged to the one and only Wenhan, who gave her a cheeky grin as the evening red and pink sky reflected brightly in her eyes, "It's a waste to sit with only your friends during this romantic evening."

"What romance, pfft," Sol rolled her eyes at him but she didn't get up but, got comfortable next to him on the pillows, "At most you'll be blessed by my presence."

Wenhan gave her a non-amused side-eye and let out a soft sigh, "Sometimes I regret life decisions, having this conversation tops the list." he muttered under his breath but Sol still managed to hear him.

Unknown to him, Sol continued to observe him and concluded with surprise that he looked slightly down despite his stoïc expression and light-hearted words. Sometimes she rarely had seen, and she wondered if he had really wanted a serious talk with her, like during that time in the swimming pool.

Yet before she could ask him anything about it, Min looked around and questioned "Where's Yue?"

"In the kitchen, with Sungjoo." Jungah replied absent-minded as she fiddled with the grass growing underneath the blanket she shared with Yuanjun, "They were preparing the last snacks."

"Aren't those two hanging around a lot around each other as of late?" Seungyoun who had grabbed the chance to sit next to her, and who hoped to stargaze with her again, replied as he scrolled through his phone, looking at the pictures that had been taken during his match this morning.

"Now that you say it..." Yibo muttered as he looked back at the house with an unreadable expression.

Little did he know that the girls exchanged a look with each other, whilst Haeryoung tried her hardest to keep a neutral face. The evening might just take a different turn depending on what would be revealed...

*Kitchen*

"You should've just let Jungah or Hyemi help me," Yue slightly whined as she finished pouring the warm cocoa in a huge jug, "This way they'll start sniffing things out."

Sungjoo placed the bag of marshmallows on the platter and took it from her, "Well...does it matter tho? You know they won't tell anyone seen the circumstances." He quirked his eyebrow up at her in questioning mannerism.

"Why are you asking me as if I was the one who wanted to keep it a secret from them?" Yue turned around to face him and cocked her head to the side as she blinked at him confused, "If I remember correctly you were afraid of Yibo and Yuanjuns reaction, and I just wanted to keep it a secret at school."

Sungjoo slightly furrowed his eyebrow and put down there platter, "Did I? I clearly remember going along with your request of keeping it a low profile..."

Yue bit her lip as they both seemed to recall a totally different situation, and concluded it was just the best to take both as the truth. It wasn't really anything worth bickering about either way.