PROBLEMS İN TURKEY

GİZEM YENİKLER

MEDİA AND COMMUNİCATİON

20100302097

TOPİC 1 SQUATTERS PROBLEMS İN TURKEY

I want to choose this topic because after to urbanization squatters return to a big problem in Turkey. How is it? My first topic is this and I will explain it now and I will try to benefit my notes. First I do my general comment about that working class not find job, food and shelter in villages so they decide to moved big cities and this migration movement provide to create bourgeoisie class. The concept of İnformality is very important here because this bourgeoisie class do shelter themselves their own facilities but not get permission to government. So it is not state hand, and İt is provide to bad view near to huge buildings in city centers. I write a note about that in class the level of Urbanization was low in Europe but during the middle ages, after a lot of few places exceed 10,000 in population like Turkey. These are international problems and seems everywhere but especially in big cities. Urbanization level of the industrialized countries are who flock to the city meet the needs of the population through inmigration, so unlike the industrialized countries return to city of urban sprawl is emerging. These reguirements for legitimate way of squatters shows the size of the urban space. How is it solve? First, sure the purpose of the urbanization policy should be to minimize the rent. Laws it the regulations should include. I think annuity formed between the individual and the public be shared, legal methods to transfer the surplus to the pulic and it should be develop and referring in general, especially urban lands in Turkey, and regulations will have been almost entirely disabled. I think poverty is another reason, why squatters problem not result in Turkey. I'm very interested with this topic squatters the reason is this why I choose this topic urban sociologly lesson.

Marginality concept is a very important too, because I see to migration concept like a mix. İt is mean to cosmopolite different kinds of people, cover different nation, ethnics, religious, country, origin, and lifestyle. So it is provide to marginality population İn Turkey after to migration for example İstanbul, is a good example because we see to squatters near to big apartments and buildings in city center. Different kinds of people lived together. . Cosmopolite life breed to marginal life

İn society people who different their life styles, sights and opinions they accepted different and against in the society, so these kinds of people mentioned marginal too in society. İnformality another reason in Turkey is city can not provide sufficient housing supply, and produced illegally slums, merged in the early stages of urbanization in our country and in the 1950s and it has been institutionalized. İt is a huge problem. We can see everywhere in Turkey. I live in İzmir, and kadifekale, Altındağ, near to Bornova Ferahlı, İstiklal and Kadriye examples are squatters areas. People who inhabited the purpose of shelter migration to cities, bourgeoisie, these people do themselves housing but not legal. Shelters provide to squatters.

Economic conditions, find a job hope, better livelihood, the survival of the familiar reason to moved to the cities. Also initially meet the needs of the poorer sections of the city only use value putative these areas because they carry today, qualifications and they commercialization in the process changing the meaning. Therefore, shelters from being speculation, investments, have become security, tool. İt is the value of housing market conditions in the environment. Urban renewal and parish concept appear after to squatters process. Slum population in the process, moving the uneducated and unorganized structure compatible and cheap labor and it is increasing this cheap labor in industry demand has created a basis for the justification of slum inhabitants and front it could not have caused a sharp increase. Day bay day the number of rapidly growing the slum once voters get the share negotiate it is mean to have in the long run assets continuing opportunities to safeguard themselves.