New Experiences.

To keep a customer demands as much skill as to win one.” – American Proverb

   Day two started out a bit okay and a little office politics.

Being a new hand can be tiring and interesting. I wasn't really sure of the relationship between us and other organisations in the plaza but I can tell you the immediate firm was quite rosy. Being an internet firm with unlimited access has its perks.

Imagine my surprise when the next firm secretary walked in and became all familiar and was using the internet. 😳. Was this the norm? How do I ask without being impudent? So I message my immediate supervisor;

"Dear Miss A, I don't know if this is the 411 here or not, but you next door firm is using your internet and I don't want to be rude and ask her outright hence this message." (Not my exact words,but you get the gist)

Unfortunately, she was in a meeting and couldn't answer me on time so while I field calls, answered enquires and wrote out invoices, I watched her get really comfortable.

I later found out we were that accommodating and it was normal. Kudos to the management. It was a first for me. You had to pay for access except it's a public WiFi like Sanwo WiFi.

I had quite an interesting call. Well, two in particular. One was 'Chief' , he called and demanded for the reason why he hasn't been activated. There was a restricting of cables and he was affected.

I explained and apologized for the inconvenience. He told me not to apologize and get it ratified. After a long rambling of complains, he asked me for my name again and then told me to make sure I get it sorted out. Where I come from, when someone calls you by your name then summarise all they have said -then you better get it done.

Through out the day, he and his wife called asking for the same thing. It was tiring. The Engineering team was in their Estate however they needed to do some repairs, sort scheduled clients before they got to them.

I had to remain diplomatic and get them calm. In the end , he got what they wanted and was a happy customer asking for more products. Patience is indeed a virtue.

The other client, Mr D , also had the same issue but was so understanding that I kept thanking him for his insight. So I stalked the Engineering team by phone to make sure they got to his house on time and get him activated. He had nothing but praise for the internet speed and promised to refer us to his friends. If you know a better client please let me know because he was the best so far for me. I almost teared up.

I have come to realise that there are really no in between in Customer Service. Clients can be extreme right or complete left. It just depends on their mood at that moment they called. You just have to learn to adapt to those moments and take nothing personal.