Fussy Customers

"Always begin with: 'So that I can better serve you, do you mind if I ask a few questions?'"

Jodie Shaw, Chief Marketing Officer, The Alternative Board

Me: Hello ,Good morning. Welcome to FBL, how may I be of help to you today?

Client: Good morning, am I speaking to A?

Me: No sir, my name is F. How may I be of assistance to you?

Client: I really want to talk to A. Is she there?

Me: No sir, she isn't on seat. However, I can help you out with any issue or questions you may have. May I know how I may help you?

Client : You know what? Don't worry, I will call back when she is around or the other line. Thanks.

And the young man hanged up. Like, hanged up. I was like no, he didn't just hanged up without telling me what the issues was. Lily was like, 'Oh yes he did'.

It's either 'how may I help you?' leaves a bad memory or he was just playing favouritism. Come on, it's the Customer Service Team, we would end up knowing what the issue was.

My manager called asking what happened and I explained. He went bunkers :

"This is the Customer Service Team. He can't pick who he speaks with."

I nodded empathetically. Hmmmm. Tell that to him sir. He doesn't get to choose who he talks to. Although, later on I understood, when a client whom I had been talking to called and asked after me, telling them she wouldn't have mind speaking to me ☺️ but still let's keep it professional.

Speak to the available representative and get your matters resolve quickly.

Please , don't be fussy.