Crampy Swings.

I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between.
Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

Oh no!

If there was ever a day, cramps shouldn't visit especially if you have intense pains with it, it is on a week day. I have been quite lucky with mine ,mostly coming late on Friday and ending early on Monday. This time around, it met me in the office.

For me, it leaves me drained and I just lose my shine. I become a plant that has been starved of water for days. In défense, I go quiet. But then, if you are 'the life of the party's assistant' and you don't interact, they know something is wrong.

Imagine someone pulling your hair- hard -  at intervals. Welcome to the life of a lady during crampy season. Thankfully, all calls and complaint were mild it was as if they knew I was high on estrogens. I who can cry at the drop of a hat and flare up at a simple insult I would have otherwise dismissed on a normal day. Instead all I got were compliments for our services and recommendations. Even the single compliant was nicely put.

Every one at work was kind, they even offered me a half day but I declined. I may need that half day some day and I wasn't going to use it today because I was caught off guard.

Crampy days are best experienced with loving people around.