twelve

Another week spent alone. Another week without your second half and another week of numbness.

Today was your weekend off but you didn't want to be alone. You couldn't stand the feeling anymore. Being at work and around Jungkook gave you warmth. It gave you the feeling that someone actually cared for you.

Every day, the young boy warmed your soul with his smile and his soft eyes, speaking to you with a caring tone and treating you as if you're as delicate as glass.

You felt a little weird, getting attached to the boy. You felt weak for relying on the boy's presence for your mental stability. Why did you have to be so weak?

Staring at the tiled walls of the shower wall, you began to think about Taehyung. A sudden epiphany washed over you as you watched the small droplets of condensation fog over the glass shower door. Were you not good enough for him?

All of the love you had for yourself was given to Taehyung. You gave him your everything and he gave that all away to a different woman every night. Maybe you needed to change. Maybe changing would make Taehyung want you, make him love you again.

Turning off the shower, you stepped out and wrapped your cold body with Taehyung's robe. You walk barefooted into Taehyung's closet and slipped on his shirt, not caring if it got a little damped.

You sit down at your vanity and sink back into your thoughts. Would changing how you look do you any good? Thinking back to the past women you've caught Taehyung with, his taste seemed to be in girls who showed a lot of skin and put themselves out for show. Maybe that would get his attention. He'll start to finally notice you again.

For the first time in weeks, you were excited. You wasted no time on throwing on the nearest pair of leggings and rushing out of the door with your purse.

You made your way to a nearby clothing store and picked up the skimpiest outfits in the store. You went to the beauty section and threw some jewelry and makeup into the basket as well.

Once you were finished with your shopping rampage, you went to the cashier. The lady behind the counter looked back and forth between your items and you. She silently judged you but you brushed it off, too excited to care about someone else's judgement of your outfit choice.

You went back home and began to experiment with the variety of tight and short clothing you purchased. During times like this, you wished you had a female friend who could give you advice and such. When you went to Taehyung and Jimin, they would just tell you that you looked beautiful even when your outfit looked like a freak show.

You spent the last of your weekend learning how to use the makeup you bought and how to walk better in heels. You were preparing yourself to face Taehyung at work and hopefully get him to at least look at you again.

Normally, you found yourself rushing to get ready for work in the mornings but that wasn't the case for today. You woke up extra early to doll yourself up.

You applied everything on your face according to the makeup tutorial you watched on Youtube. It wasn't perfect, but it was decent. You straightened your hair and sprayed yourself with the most expensive perfume you owned.

You dressed in the outfit you picked out. You don't necessarily have to wear anything fancy or office-like to work but you had previously been wearing a simple pencil skirt, short heels, and a blouse. But not today.

You slipped on the high-waisted short skirt which had a zipper opening over your left thigh. You wore a tight fitting top that stopped right above the waistband of the skirt, revealing some skin of your torso. The top had a dipped collar which displayed your cleavage quite a bit.

You topped your outfit off with some sky-high heels that gave the illusion of long legs and a necklace to bring attention to your chest area. You stared at yourself in the mirror, looking at a totally different woman.

You may have looked like a different person on the outside, but this whole transformation didn't change how miserable you felt. You still felt lonely and lost. This was simply just another mask.

You spritzed yourself with a little extra perfume and added some more lipgloss and headed out. You drove to the company and walked into the building with your head held high.

Because of your shares in the company, it was like you held some sort of hierarchy. Many of the passing staff politely bowed and greeted you with "Good morning, Mrs.Kim" and some even referred to you as "Miss Min"

You didn't like the attention and stares you were receiving but for the sake of Taehyung, you kept your face blank and went through with a surge of confidence.

You stride your way to the cafe and ordered a drink for yourself and a breakfast sandwich for Jungkook. You sat down and waited for Jungkook but also, you were waiting for Taehyung. He normally comes in reluctantly with Jimin so that the older can eat breakfast. You waited and waited until you finally saw two familiar faces.

Jimin walked in with Jungkook. You frowned in confusion when you couldn't spot Taehyung. The two boys spot you and both of their eyes widen when they see your face. You're sitting so they haven't seen the entirety of your outfit yet.

They shuffle to the table you were sitting at and sat down in front of you. "Good morning, Noona! You look very pretty." Jungkook speaks up but shys down after complimenting you. You give him a tight lipped smile and look at Jimin who's staring at you with squinted eyes.

When you made eye contact with him he continues to look at you, searching your face. You got a little embarrassed but thanks to the makeup on your face, no one could tell that you were flustered.

You looked down at your forgotten drink and then pushed the breakfast sandwich that you originally bought for Jungkook. "Um, I bought Jungkook his breakfast. If you're hungry Jimin, I can buy you some?" you questioned but Jimin didn't say anything. Instead, he continued to stare.

When you realized Jimin wasn't gonna answer, you awkwardly slipped the straw of your drink in between your pink lips and took a long sip. Jungkook indulged himself in the sandwich and you decided to speak up and start a conversation to end the silence.

"W-Where's Tae?" you asked. Jungkook stops chewing and Jimin seemed to snap out of his daze. He was quick to respond to your question. "He actually called out sick. He um- yeah." Jimin stammered a bit with his answer causing you to raise an eyebrow.

Jimin is always straightforward and him stuttering could only mean that something was off. Was he hiding something or worse, lying?

You brushed off the thought of Jimin lying to you and decided sipped on your drink. You stood up to throw away your empty cup and you returned, standing in front of the two trainees.

Jungkook looked up at you from his sandwich and nearly choked on it. Jimin quickly patted him a few times on his back to help him out. "We should get going now." you quietly say, looking down at your heels.

Jungkook nodded and stood up, face as red as a tomato. Jimin stood up as well but you observed his face, noticing the unfriendly expression he held.

Your heels click and clack against the floors and you and the boys walk side by side through the building. You felt a little down since Taehyung wasn't there to see and react to your new appearance but that didn't stop you.

You weren't going to stop until you had him back. You weren't giving up, not just yet.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

hellooo :)

thank you for reading. the next chapter will have some more explaining in regards to chapter eleven's ending. so if you were a little lost, i apologize! everything will start to make sense soon, i promise.

hope you are doing well. im excited for the new japanese album release tomorrow. im also hearing rumors about a bangtan comeback in late august 👀

im excited!!!