fifty-one

The morning comes and no one has time to even speak about what happened yesterday. Y/N and Taehyung wake up in the morning with a slight ache in their hips but the most they can do about it is take a pain reliever and go, there's no time to stall around today.

Everyone arrives at the company where Taehyung is given a rundown of today's schedule since he is Jungkook's manager. An hour of important meetings and information flashes by until the time for the song to be released approaches.

The countdown signals its release and Seokjin logs onto the BigHit twitter account to tweet the announcement.

The response is almost immediate, many people tweeting about how much they like the song and the other songs on the mini album

The response is almost immediate, many people tweeting about how much they like the song and the other songs on the mini album. Now comes the anticipation for the actual performance.

Jungkook seems to be excited as they drive to the building but as they get closer, that's when the nervousness really starts to hit. He sits in silence as the people run back and forth in the dressing room to get him dolled up to perform.

Taehyung and Y/N do nothing but watch as they prepare him, spotting the nervousness on his face immediately. They rush him out of the room to do a quick interview and rehearsal before they're all backstage, awaiting for his turn to come.

"You're unusually quiet." Namjoon yells over the loud music and the cheers as he hands Jungkook his ear piece and helps him put on his mic. All he does is respond with a shaky breath, not really knowing how else to respond. Namjoon pats him on the back and wishes him luck as Taehyung and Y/N approach.

They know not to show any public affection as there are many lurking staff and idols around, but a comforting hug wouldn't hurt. Y/N gets on her tippy toes and wraps her arms around him, quickly pecking his neck and whispering. "I love you, okay?" she backs away and he nods. Taehyung is extra careful, hugging him as briefly as possible but squeezing him tightly so Jungkook knows that he cares.

"Jungkook-ssi?" A staff approaches, clipboard in hand. "We need you on the stage now. Follow me and get in position just like during rehearsal" he speaks. Jungkook nods and quickly turns back to Y/N and Taehyung to see that the Hyungs have joined as well. "Break a leg, Kook." Yoongi smiles but it's wiped off his face as Jin decides to add on. "Not literally."

"Aish, that was so corny Hyungie, do you ever shut up?" Yoongi pushes Jin who only laughs in return and Jungkook leaves with a slight smile on his face. The staff explains to him to try to look at the camera as much as he can and listen to his earpiece closely for the countdown for the start of the music.

After understanding the given instructions, he gets into position with a pounding heart. Although the lights are down, he can still see the many faces in the crowd before him. He takes a deep breath, feeling like throwing up every single bit of his stomach contents but then, the music in his earpiece starts, and all traces of nervousness is nowhere to be found.