thirty-nine

The entire room went silent.

First, Yoongi looked at Jungkook. Then at Taehyung. Lastly, he looked at his cousin, curled up in Taehyung's arms looking emotionally strained.

"Hyung.." Taehyung started but stopped after Yoongi's gaze fell on his.

"You cheated on her?" he shakily pointed at Taehyung. "And you had sex with her?" the finger now points at Jungkook.

Yoongi is completely baffled, unable to react or move. He promised Y/N to protect her from situations like this. He promised to shield her from pain both emotionally and physically but he failed.

He wants to be angry, he wants to be angry at everyone but he cant. He's just disappointed in everyone including himself.

"Yoongi-hyung, you don't know the full story. Please don't misunderstand." Jimin softly speaks, walking up to his lover. Hearing Jimin say that was enough to anger him. "You knew about all of this? And you never fucking told me?!" his voice gradually got louder.

Y/N jumped up in fear. She's never heard Yoongi yell like this before. Yoongi has always been more of a soft spoken person. Yelling in anger doesn't fit his personality and he'd rather talk calmly to resolve issues instead of exploding but this time that isn't the case.

Not only was he betrayed by Jungkook who he took in as a trainee. Taehyung, who he was just beginning to trust. His own cousin, who told him she would tell him if she was hurting but now Jimin, who he loved with all his heart. Jimin hurt Yoongi.

"Hyung, please listen to me." he pleads, grabbing his hands and enclosing them in his own. Yoongi yanks his hands away from him and Jimin gives him a pained look.

He walks around Jimin and approaches Taehyung, ready to hit him but Y/N quickly stands up. "Yoonie, it's all my fault!" she puts her hands on his chest. Yoongi's still pissed but he softens after seeing her like this but that doesn't stop him.

Yoongi gently moves Y/N out of the way before bringing his hand up to slap Taehyung across his face. Taehyung takes the hit but Yoongi is drawing his arm back to punch him and this time Y/N stops him again.

He finally takes a good look at her. Yoongi wants to say something about the marks all over her skin but that's pushed in the back of his head as he sees the determination rising in her teary eyes. The next thing she says breaks him down completely.

"I'll disappear." she cries. "I'll leave and you guys will never have to deal with me again. I'll go to mom, Yoongi. I'll be out of your way."

Yoongi's eyes widen and he grabs her shoulders, shaking them as he yells. "Don't fucking say that!" his voice breaks. "You're not going anywhere." he says sternly. He can't get over the fact that she just suggested suicide.

"Why would you say that?" he squeezes her into a painful hug, body shaking as he cries. "I-I'm sorry." is all she says.

"I love her." Jungkook suddenly says and Hoseok facepalms. He told him not to do this but he's doing it anyway. "I love her, hyung. She deserves better than him." he points at Taehyung as Yoongi slowly pulls away from Y/N, drying his tears.

"Jungkook you don't love her. Just because you got intimate with her does not mean you love her." Jimin spats, angry at the youngest for saying such a thing.

"But it's true! I wouldn't cheat on her out of jealousy like he did."

Yoongi still doesn't know the full story but hearing how they're just talking about her right in front of him begins to anger him once again. "Yoongi, please let me talk to you. We can sort this out after everyone has calmed down. Anger will get us nowhere." Jimin says and Jungkook snorts.